Lisa Lampanelli

roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Any fans? I've seen her show on Comedy Central and I just don't think she's funny. Is she hugely popular?

I don't care for Dane Cook either, so what do I know? :wink:

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.

Comments

• SpinCycleSpinCycle Posts: 724Registered Users
    Dane Cook can be funny sometimes, but I loathe Lisa Lampanelli. Insult comedians aren't appealing.
    A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson
  • melloweermelloweer Posts: 2,308Registered Users
    I saw her yesterday on tv. She was funny the first 2-3 lines since I had never heard her before. Then she just sounded like she was trying and stretching to hard. Plus the talking in 3rd person about herself....annoying.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    I saw her on Comedy Central Monday night. It was like a female Andrew Dice Clay...she was funny at first but after a while her forcing her Brooklyn accent and her dirty old lady raunchiness just got tired.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Posts: 2,648Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not a fan. I'm not into the racial insults the way it comes from her. For some reason, coming from someone like Carlos Mencia it's not so bad, but from her, it makes me cringe.

Not to mention that she thinks she can have any black man she wants, just because she's white. Hmmm, yeah, no.
  • EllaElla Posts: 392Registered Users
    Any fans? I've seen her show on Comedy Central and I just don't think she's funny. Is she hugely popular?

I don't find her funny and I agree with you about Dane Cook, I do not get him at all! The funniest comedian I've seen lately is Demetri Martin, he had a special on Comedy Central that had me in hysterics.
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O'Rourke

There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. – Mark Twain
  • mafaldamafalda Posts: 510Registered Users
    Ella wrote:

I don't find her funny and I agree with you about Dane Cook, I do not get him at all! The funniest comedian I've seen lately is Demetri Martin, he had a special on Comedy Central that had me in hysterics.

Agree to all of this. Yeah, I don't get the appeal of Dane Cook. I just figured I'm getting old and it's more a generational thing and he appeals more to college kids, etc. But Demitri is hilarious!
    "It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I've never heard of Lisa Lampanelli (which, judging by the posts on here, may be a good thing), but Dane Cook makes my ears bleed. :lol:

I prefer someone like Jim Gaffigan.

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
    CocoaCoily wrote:
    Not a fan. I'm not into the racial insults the way it comes from her. For some reason, coming from someone like Carlos Mencia it's not so bad, but from her, it makes me cringe.

Not to mention that she thinks she can have any black man she wants, just because she's white. Hmmm, yeah, no.

I think it's because her insults come across as really mean. She targets people in a crowd and just lets the slurs fly. Carlos has a way of doing it without making that person feel so targeted... more like teasing than insulting.

Yeah, her routine gets old fast.
    A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users
    i didn't see it, but yeah, insult comdian don't really appeal. i like one liners like dimitri [dude those are trees. trust me] and mitch hedberg [alright you're a cook...can you farm?] kinda slow comedy :).
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Dane has his moments. He's not HILARIOUS ya know? The most he'll get out of me is a giggle or chuckle. A lot of times I'm just like " :? " He definitely appeals to teenagers and college kids. The people I know who LOVE him are in their teens/early 20's.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    I'm not too framilair with Lisa, but I think I saw her for a bit on tv the other night - is she the middle-aged lady who was wearing that purple kinda weird dress? What I saw of her was kind of funny.

Dean Cook is DEFINETELY a college thing, for some reason. My roommates and I LOVE him, I can't help it :oops:

Mitch Hedberg was the bes tever though. Just because his jokes are long, involved ,stupid, silly stories!
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm not too framilair with Lisa, but I think I saw her for a bit on tv the other night - is she the middle-aged lady who was wearing that purple kinda weird dress? What I saw of her was kind of funny.

Yes that was her. She had a kind of a red petticoat on underneath. It was a weird dress.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    [quote=girl[anachronism]]i didn't see it, but yeah, insult comdian don't really appeal. i like one liners like dimitri [dude those are trees. trust me] and mitch hedberg [alright you're a cook...can you farm?] kinda slow comedy :).[/quote]

Mitch was/is awesome! I have one of his jokes in my sig. :D

Demitri was an anchor on "The Daily Show" for a little while. I wish he hadn't left!
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    mafalda wrote:
    Ella wrote:

Agree to all of this. Yeah, I don't get the appeal of Dane Cook. I just figured I'm getting old and it's more a generational thing and he appeals more to college kids, etc. But Demitri is hilarious!

Triple that. My fiance had me listening to Dane Cook's 2003 comedy album a few years ago. I didn't think he was that funny.

Lisa Lampanelli is gross. She tries too hard and talks too much about what she affectionately calls "Black c**k." :roll:

Demetri Martin is SO FUNNY. His recent comedy show was better than the one before (and I didn't think it could improve)! He's absolutely one of my favorites.
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Demetri Martin is SO FUNNY. His recent comedy show was better than the one before (and I didn't think it could improve)! He's absolutely one of my favorites.

I just saw him for the first time the other night --omg, he was hilarious!! I'm completely smitten with this man and his "low-key" brand of humor!

Love Jim Gaffigan and his "hot pockets" skit too - soooo funny.
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users
    love the hot pockets thing. caliente pockets! brilliant!!!
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    LAwoman wrote:

I just saw him for the first time the other night --omg, he was hilarious!! I'm completely smitten with this man and his "low-key" brand of humor!

I always say that little song. Diarrhea pocket! :lol:

Edited to add www.clearification.com It's Demetri's website.
    Munchy wrote:
    LAwoman wrote:

I always say that little song. Diarrhea pocket! :lol:

Edited to add www.clearification.com It's Demetri's website.

Every time my husband walks past the Hot Pockets in the store, he sings "Death pockets." :lol:
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When I saw Lampanelli in some of the roasts on Comedy Central I thought she was a bit funny. But then I saw one of her shows. Now I think she's vile.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Never heard of her. Looked her up on YouTube. Don't like her at all :shock: I couldn't watch the whole video.
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Not a fan either. She just seems bitter.

The Sarah Silverman Program starts tonight. :)
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file