CurlTalk

What to do with chick peas?

irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Yes, I am even enlisting the help of Saria on this one ;)

I've eaten chick peas on salads since I was a kid. And of course I love hummus. But other than those 2 things I really don't know what else to do with chick peas.

I'm leaning toward a more vegetarian diet so I'm having to incorporate other things into meals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• SurfTheWavesSurfTheWaves Posts: 26Registered Users
    I make what I call " chickpea salad" I mash chickpeas but not smooth like humus, add soy free vegenaise mayo, nutritional yeast and creole seasoning. Spread on sandwiches instead of tuna or scoop with chips! I'm a vegan by the way, I'm always trying to reinvent bean dishes! If you try it I hope you like it :)

Sent from my C771 using CurlTalk App
    2C & 3A, thick, over-porous, normal elasticity, medium density.
    Low-Poo: Nature's Gate Henna, SM Curl & Shine 'poo
    RO/ LI: AB Mega Moisture coconut condish, As I Am Leave In, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Protein styler & treatment: Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, IAGirl's treatment 1x per week
    Oils: Extra Dark JBCO, EVCO, EVOO
    Stylers: Aquage Sea Salt Texturizing Spray, HHTT, AVG, SMCES, SMCS, FSG with honey

pixie~ear~chin~nape~shoulder~apl~bsl~goal of waist!!!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Not a meal, but love them toasted with sea salt and garlic!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A chickpea curry maybe?

I also like them roasted in the oven til crunchy.
  • SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*