luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
a baby for adele. good for her.
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• sleepymekosleepymeko Posts: 1,002Registered Users
    I'm actually kind of disappointed. She has only dated this guy for 6 months. It's really hard to know someone in such a short amount of time. Adding on, they're not married so he's free to leave whenever he wants and she's basically stuck with him until the child is 18 (even if he does leave).

I can't believe she's only a year older than me too! I thought she was at least 28 for the longest time, LOL.

I'm waiting for Miley Cyrus to get pregnant now.
    Check out my personal blog :afro:

s-event.png
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I think people should be married when they have babies. Her own parents weren't married and her father split when she was a baby, which deeply hurt her, and now she's doing the same thing to her own baby. Not a good role model thing to do.
  • EbonyEyes78EbonyEyes78 Posts: 50Registered Users
    Wow, aren't we the judgmental ones. It's her life and she lives it as how she sees fit for her. CONGRATS ADELE!
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    oh i didn't know the history. i do think marriage is ideal for a baby but i've got baby fever so feel happy when anyone says they're preggie, especially if they're happy about it.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    sleepymeko wrote: »
    I'm actually kind of disappointed. She has only dated this guy for 6 months. It's really hard to know someone in such a short amount of time. Adding on, they're not married so he's free to leave whenever he wants and she's basically stuck with him until the child is 18 (even if he does leave).
    I can't believe she's only a year older than me too! I thought she was at least 28 for the longest time, LOL.

I was thinking similar.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sleepymeko wrote: »

Even if they were married, the father would be free to leave whenever. As would Adele.

It's not an ideal situation but I hope people who are actually in their lives are supportive and not this critical.

• NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    her father split when she was a baby, which deeply hurt her, and now she's doing the same thing to her own baby.

Whaaa? That's a fairly presumptuous statement, no?

Sent from my "smart" phone, 'scuse crazy typos.
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eh ... good for her. I guess? I think that is most enthusiasm I can muster one way or the other.

It's become quite the cliche for these young stars to get knocked up out of wedlock, so nothing surprising about it, imo.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    if she was my daughter i wouldn't be happy.
    BUT my daughter isn't a millionaire who has a career that she loves.
    if he leaves, she can support herself and her child.
    too bad she didn't wait.
    marriage doesn't prevent him from leaving but it is a commitment and the child would be legally his without a paternity test.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    frau wrote: »
    if she was my daughter i wouldn't be happy.
    BUT my daughter isn't a millionaire who has a career that she loves.
    if he leaves, she can support herself and her child.
    too bad she didn't wait.
    marriage doesn't prevent him from leaving but it is a commitment and the child would be legally his without a paternity test.

If the father signs the birth cert., the child is legally his, even w/o a paternity test.

• RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users
    LAwoman wrote: »
    It's become quite the cliche for these young stars to get knocked up out of wedlock, so nothing surprising about it, imo.

My thoughts exactly.
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I could not care less if someone is married or not. I see the longevity of the relationship as a more important factor. Getting married doesn't mean people will stay committed. But I don't think a 6 month long relationship is a good point to have a baby.

That being said, surprises happen. And Congrats to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    I'm happy for her!
    And him!
    3c/4a
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    I'm laughing at the idea that a man won't split if he's married.

If this guy does split, whatever. The biggest problem with single parenthood is lack of money. Rich, famous celebrities getting pregnant isn't a big deal.
    Eres o te haces?
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    ^Yup. Celebrities can afford to screw up.

Every single time I see this thread title I have to stop and think what it's about, because it reads like it's about a song or an album.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • 09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
    iroc wrote: »
    I could not care less if someone is married or not. I see the longevity of the relationship as a more important factor. Getting married doesn't mean people will stay committed. But I don't think a 6 month long relationship is a good point to have a baby.

That being said, surprises happen. And Congrats to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App

I was just about to post the same thing about suprises happening. Things happen . not everyone has a chance to get married and plan a baby, sometimes things just happen and being married really has nothing to do with having a baby in my opinion....a baby is always a bleasing married or not..I am happy for them both, I'm sure they shall make a lovely family
    Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
    > :angel13:
    and less like this
    > :evil5:
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    children deserve two committed loving parents.
    i don't think 6 months is long enough to know if someone will make a good father or not.
    sure, get married or date but i don't think one should bring a child into the picture until you know your partner.
  • sleepymekosleepymeko Posts: 1,002Registered Users
    ^^

Yup. 6 months is way too soon.
    Check out my personal blog :afro:

s-event.png
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    I'm confused about how long she and Simon Konecki have been a couple. One report said 6 months and another said almost a year. Either way..seems pretty soon to have a baby after dating for such a short time. Adele does seem rather smitten with this guy. So hope it works out for her..hate to sound cynical but I'd be surprised if this worked out long term. She's had some really tough breaks in relationships. Well I hope she enjoys being a mum!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    I know the media trys to portray her as a self-assured kind of heroine, but all I see is an insecure woman with a lot of issues. She's been with a lot of guys...a lot of guys about 10 years older than her or more...and she's so young. It almost seems like she got pregnant on purpose to fill a void in her life and to keep this guy at her side forever.

I don't know, though. That's just my perception. Babies are wonderful, and I'm sure the child will make her happy.
    ;)
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    i think the guy is divorced and has a young child so for that i feel for all involved because if he didn't do right by his first family he may not do right by her and a new baby.

i don't necessarily think 6 months is too soon for anything. sometimes you know. sometimes people date for years. get engaged, married, do all the "right" things and bombshells happen and the family is torn apart.

sometimes people wait for the perfect moment, the perfect situation and the perfect partner to become a mother....and it never arrives.

sometimes unexpected pregnancies happen. sometimes people that are in love get caught up in passion and aren't careful.

lots of people are in terrible marriages when the get pregnant but they don't love their babies any less (i don't think). being married when you get pregnant doesn't mean you'll stay married, it doesn't mean the man will be an active participant in the child's life or the family dynamics. it doesn't mean there's love in the home.

she might be into this guy but i'm pretty sure she could have male companionship if she wasn't with him. yes it might be because of her celebrity status but that does give one exposure....so she doesn't have to hold on to him like he's the last man on earth. there would have been/could have been others and if this one leaves i'm sure there would be another (statistics say so). not saying men are replaceable but if this is where she is in life and she's enjoying this man and is excited about her pregnancy then i think that's human and good for her.
  • damsel_flydamsel_fly Posts: 457Registered Users
    I hope the baby gets the love and care that every child should receive from both parents.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    Sure, ideally a child has two married parents. But ideally a child's parents don't get divorced either. Some would argue that it is "dangerous" to have multiple men in and out of a child's life as the mother's companion who serve as a replacement father figure. But that doesn't stop many people from serial monogamy or dating around.

Don't care too much. She has money, she'll probably be ok whether they stay together or not.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote: »
    Sure, ideally a child has two married parents. But ideally a child's parents don't get divorced either. Some would argue that it is "dangerous" to have multiple men in and out of a child's life as the mother's companion who serve as a replacement father figure. But that doesn't stop many people from serial monogamy or dating around.

Don't care too much. She has money, she'll probably be ok whether they stay together or not.

Exactly. I know plenty of divorced men who don't take care of their children. Women, too.

Or couples who divorce because they fall out of love not because of a "real" issue like abuse. Mature adults can't make a marriage work for the sake of their children????? Of course, I'm being facetious, but what's the difference between divorcing a POS husband and breaking up with a POS boyfriend? If the rate of successful child support enforcement tells us anything, not a damn thing.

This mentality also discounts single people who adopt or foster. Are we saying children who are adopted or fostered by singles are getting a second rate childhood? Sounds like the same argument made about gay and lesbians adopting.
    3c/4a
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Po wrote: »

Exactly. I know plenty of divorced men who don't take care of their children. Women, too.

Or couples who divorce because they fall out of love not because of a "real" issue like abuse. Mature adults can't make a marriage work for the sake of their children????? Of course, I'm being facetious, but what's the difference between divorcing a POS husband and breaking up with a POS boyfriend? If the rate of successful child support enforcement tells us anything, not a damn thing.

This mentality also discounts single people who adopt or foster. Are we saying children who are adopted or fostered by singles are getting a second rate childhood? Sounds like the same argument made about gay and lesbians adopting.

That whole mentality reminds of the the "abstinence only" advocates. If only everyone will wait until marriage, there would be no STDs and no out-of-wedlock babies, etc. Which, sure, I guess technically it's true--if everyone, men and women, waited until marriage for sex, and if everyone happened to be sexually compatible with the person they married, and if no one ever cheated, then we'd have much fewer problems. Except it doesn't work out that way for most people. Ideal worlds don't exist, so why harp on what's "ideal" every time these things happen.
    Eres o te haces?
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I blame Murphy Brown.

(That's sarcasm, for those of you who weren't aware of the fiasco when it happened...)

I hope she's happy, and I hope her baby is as well. I suspect there are emotional neediness issues going on, but that happens with many parents, married or not. And it won't keep her from being a good parent or make her a good parent. I agree that at least she has resources to help herself which few single mothers do.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!