CurlTalk

July 2012 Hits and Misses

NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
Okay...let's do this.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Comments

• SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Posts: 225Registered Users
    Hit: Amla treatment ( my curls are super define)

Ecco Pink custard (I just mix coconut oil, grape seed, and sweet almond oil with the Ecco pink) My results are wonderful and there is no crunch.
  • ChaklatChaklat Posts: 89Registered Users
    Miss: Co-washing. My hair doesn't like it. I can't even co wash with my favorite rinse out conditioner.

Miss: Sulfate Free Shampoo. Always leaves my hair feeling like straw, tumble weed, and anything else hard, dry, and crunchy. I love my sulfates.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using CurlTalk App
  • newseasonnewseason Posts: 98Registered Users
    Hit: Amla treatment ( my curls are super define)

Ecco Pink custard (I just mix coconut oil, grape seed, and sweet almond oil with the Ecco pink) My results are wonderful and there is no crunch.

I second that! I recently did something similar with my oil blend and it rocks in my Eco pink. "Custard" is the perfect word for it too. Love it! Definitely a hit!
  • danyel02danyel02 Posts: 156Registered Users
    Mega Hit: b.a.s.k. Condensed Custard.

I purchased it in both the Lemon Beignet and pineapple ginger scents. They both smell awesome but I find the pineapple ginger fades away while the Lemon Beignet lingers a little longer. I applied them to wet moisturized hair as a sealer after washing and I woke up with soft hair. I also used them as twisting agents I went three days without remoisturizing. The product is advertised as a thick body or hair cream so I used some on my dry heels and they were very smooth. I will repurchase in bulk when b.a.s.k. has another sale.
    Type: 4a Fine Texture
    CG since 2008 - Life long natural
    Holy Grails
    Cleanser: Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    Leave-ins: Camille Rose Moisture Milk & Almond Jai
    D/T: Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Treatment
    Protein: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    Butters: Qhemet Amla & Olive, Bask Condensed Custard
    Oils: Coconut & Grapeseed
  • alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
    MISS: Koils by Nature Shealoe Leave In. I don't understand all the hype. It did not moisturize at all and left flakes in my hair. I don't like the consistency or the smell either.
    Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs136.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq165%2Falsaxon%2FHair%2F" class="Popup

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    Mega/Supah Dupah Hits:
    • DB Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner
    I slept on this SO long...wouldn't buy it. I'm mad I didn't get the 16oz. AMAZING...as a leave-in, and I'm sure I would love it as a rinse out, too.

Fantastic slip, detangling wasn't a thought...my hair was smitten, from the moment this THICK, rich cream hit the surface.

• QB Aethiopika Hydrate and Twist Butter
    Slept on this one, too. I had no idea this stuff was SO thick and...hard. BUT, I caught on to how to apply it. It's not something I apply to each small section of hair. I divide my hair in about 6 big sections, emulsify a small amount of the butter in my hands and apply to each section, and then start twisting. I applied the DB PSCMC underneath.

This combo produced a head full of fluffy, soft-as- cotton two strand twists.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    I forget what I posted already...so here goes

Zuresh like... everything. Just LOVE. LOLOL!!!
    -Honey Loc
    -Honey Hair gel
    -LI conditioner (Curl definer)

CocoCurls as a moisturizer. This stuff is awesome as a moisturizer/refresher. Styler? Total miss.

Homemade green tea and red tea spritz as a refresher.

Haven't really been doing too much with my hair these days....
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    I forget what I posted already...so here goes

Zuresh like... everything. Just LOVE. LOLOL!!!
    -Honey Loc
    -Honey Hair gel
    -LI conditioner (Curl definer)

CocoCurls as a moisturizer. This stuff is awesome as a moisturizer/refresher. Styler? Total miss.

Homemade green tea and red tea spritz as a refresher.

Haven't really been doing too much with my hair these days....

I love that stuff...like my own child! It's the best "edges" gel.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    Preliminary Hit:
    -Yes to Carrots Leave In
    I stretched wash day far too long, finally washed and conditioned this morning and put my hair in a low bun.. applied this and cocasta oil with a dab of curl rehab on the ends since I skipped a DC & didnt want them to be dry in case it sucked.

Normally when I wet bun ill turn it into a braidout at night, when I took it down to set it.. it was so soft, smooth and uber moisturized. Omg.
    my hair isnt even dry yet so well see how it turns out tomorrow and ill have to test it more of course sans curl rehab but the first impression is excellent!
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users
    Hit: pineappling at night to avoid tangles.
    Aloe Vera gel & coconut oil- layered Co over Avg. This combo leaves my hair uber soft.
    Finger detangling-I tried it again and it seems to be working out better these days when I part from the crown down and pull through with all fingers gently loosening the tangles.

Everything in moderation?
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
  • ebonyrose31626ebonyrose31626 Posts: 253Registered Users
    MISS: SM Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Conditioner
    SM Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Moisture Mist
    felt good going on but didn't depart any lasting moisture
    4c wiry thick nappy low porosity hair
    Poo: SM black soap
    Rise out/Detangler:
    DC/: Avocado+ oil + Honey
    Spritz: Oyin J&B :love10:
    Moisturizer: OH Dew
    Sealant:BSP/Bask tapioca cream
  • LovemenappyLovemenappy Posts: 332Registered Users
    All I had was misses:

Castor oil was a miss and so was shea for me
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    Hit and Miss : Senegalese twists. They were beautiful. I will post pixs when CT stops acting up. But I do twists to stretch and do not wear as a style. These are horrible in my hair for twistouts. Anyone who does long protective styles could benefit.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Prelim Hit: SM Curl and Style Milk. The smoothie was a miss for me but THIS? Awesome. Used it to braid/moisturize an old WAG and it quenched my super dry hair and made a nice voluminous braidout. Excited to try it as a leave in.
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
    Miss: Biofusion Hydrating Conditioning Balm

It was 50 percent off. My first Commercial dc I have used in years and it is a no go. I tried it after clarifying and my hair felt coated and not as moisturized as my banana/honey/oil dc. I did try it after a cowash and my hair felt slightly coated but my hair did okay.
  • JFrank09JFrank09 Posts: 129Registered Users
    Holy grail level hit: sealing my leave in with coconut oil, then applying gel on top. Um, what?! It's raining everyday this week here. Can't even tell!!!!!

Siri don't proofread my stuff...
  • Talisa3636Talisa3636 Posts: 310Registered Users
    Hit: terresentials left coast lemon as a wash and dc in one especially if I steam with it in.

- slippery leave ins (CJ smoothing lotion and KCNT) as moisturizer/styler with my castor jelly balm mix on top. Super sheeny, moist hair got days without Frizz or greasiness

MISS: My hair needing a serious protein treatment. It always sheds but it seems more frequent and I don't like the amount
    4a hair: Fall/Winter HG's
    Qhemet: Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, Cocoa Tree
    Curl Junkie: DF, CIAB, Honey Butta, Curl Reham
    Oyin: Honey Hemp, Sugar Berry
    Anita Grant: Creamy Cafe Latte, Rhassoul DC, Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar, Monoi De Tahiti
    Bee Mine: Curly Butter
    Other: Millenia Mud, Hicks Oil
    Homemade: Jamila Henna, Alba UnPetroleum Mix, Scalp Oil Blend, Aloe/Condish Spray, Condition Rinse (Aussie Moist & Mane and Tail)
    :happy6: : www.fotki.com/talisa3636
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    Salty Hits

Camille Rose Moisture Max Conditioner
    Camille Rose Clean Rinse

Hits

Natural By Design Cosmetics Rose Carrot ( Natural Conditioning hair gel)
    Adding my leave in and twisting my hair to dry, then styling
    Adding SM Souffle to my leave in to boost the moisture

Miss
    None so far
  • myhairDOTcommyhairDOTcom Posts: 123Registered Users
    Prelim Hit: SM Curl and Style Milk. The smoothie was a miss for me but THIS? Awesome. Used it to braid/moisturize an old WAG and it quenched my super dry hair and made a nice voluminous braidout. Excited to try it as a leave in.

Was this on completely dry hair or did you dampen?

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My hair: thick, medium/coarse, high porosity in the crown naturally, normal porosity everywhere else.

Currently using...
    Poo: Any sulfate free or low sulfate poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: Camille Rose Moisture Milk
    DC: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea DC
    Stylers: Xtreme Wetline gel
    Oils: EVCO
    Moisturizer: Oyin Hair Dew/watered down CR Moisture Milk
    Sealant: Oyin pomades or JC Nourish and Shine
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Hi! It was on completely dry hair when I used the style milk, it softened and moisturizer it instantly, very happy with this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
  • kesalicakesalica Posts: 58Registered Users
    Salty Hits

Camille Rose Moisture Max Conditioner
    Camille Rose Clean Rinse

I'm sure that you're salty on this for sure. Saw the other thread and as much as I wanted to give them an all thumbs down based on your experience with CS some of their stuff looks like it might actually work on my hair so I took a chance and ordered... **fingers crossed**

Hit:
    Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner

Possible hit:
    Sealing with a silicone serum

So far for me this month, though, mostly misses...

Definite miss:
    KBB Sweet Ambrosia - that darned glycerin
    Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner - I was expecting great things but I can't with the smell

Possible misses:
    Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Oyin Handmade Hair Dew - the scent alone has me :angry7:
    Qhemet's Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee - I cannot for the life of me figure out the best way to use this stuff. Suggestions?
  • JasmineACJasmineAC Posts: 4Registered Users
    So this is my first post on the forums!

Hit: SM Curl and Style Milk
    (I use it to refresh my curls and twist outs. Moisturized my hair.)
    Creme of Nature Sulfate Free Shampoo
    (Cleanses the hair and scalp without stripping, also leaves hair feeling moisturized)

Misses: Curls Goddess Curl
    (Very drying!)
    Beautiful Textures Curly Pudding
    (Smell is overwhelming, not thick enough to define my curls)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using CurlTalk App
  • Maw906Maw906 Posts: 18Registered Users
    Kinky curly curling custard
    "Nobody can heal, like you can. Oh most Holy one you are the Great I Am. Awesome in all your ways and mighty is your hand, you are He who carried out redemption's plan. Searched all over, couldn’t find nobody I looked high and low... still couldn't find nobody. Nobody greater than you.”

:blob2:Click the link for $10 off your 1st order at Vitacost :blob2:/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vitacostrewards.com%2Fg3hZYnV" class="Popup
    Maw906 wrote: »
    Kinky curly curling custard

You forgot to say if it was a hit or a miss. LOL maybe you intended to post in the PJ thread. That is where we tell everyone what new products we bought.
  • Ms. Naturally CoilyMs. Naturally Coily Posts: 120Registered Users
    Shea Moisture products an Castor Oil have been a big hit for me.
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    Miss: not keeping my ends clipped, so i had to get like 3 inches cut off.

Hit: Important glad i got my ends clipped bc now my hair looks and feels 100x better

Sent from my SCH-I510 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Posts: 1,194Registered Users
    Prelim Hit: CJ Coffee Coco curl cream

I was going to give up on CJ after the smoothing cream fell flat, but this is changing my mind. The first time I used it it made my hair hard and crunchy so I decided to use a lot less(about a quarter sized on my whole head) and my hair is loving it. My curls are defined and have some crunch but still soft and moveable. I sealed with too much oil so it's a bit greasy and I'm going to try again later. But so far it's a hit.

I just wish it smelled like the name :angry3:
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Posts: 225Registered Users
    Hit: Updating my regiment to include Ayurvedic treatments. Cassia and alma mix is the bomb.com to help strengthen the hair. Before you know it my hair will beautiful and healthy.

Miss: Twist outs (still trying to get it together even though I am 9 months natural) My definition is there just don't how to fluff.
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,747Registered Users
    Prelim Hit: CJ Coffee Coco curl cream

I was going to give up on CJ after the smoothing cream fell flat, but this is changing my mind. The first time I used it it made my hair hard and crunchy so I decided to use a lot less(about a quarter sized on my whole head) and my hair is loving it. My curls are defined and have some crunch but still soft and moveable. I sealed with too much oil so it's a bit greasy and I'm going to try again later. But so far it's a hit.

I just wish it smelled like the name :angry3:

What does it smell like??

...i'm supersonic
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.platinumpj.com" class="Popup
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup
    @PlatinumPJ
  • happyfacehappyface Posts: 845Registered Users
    Super duper hit

The loc soc. Im working on day 6 hair and it still looks as fresh as day 2 or 3 hair. Where has this been all my natural hair life?
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo