What could have gone wrong?

A few weeks ago I did a protein treatment, hoping it would fix my "blah" hair -- not bad, just not as great as I knew it could be. PTs have been my go-to when my hair is just not cooperating.

However, it seems at PT was a huge mistake. Ever since, my hair has hated me. Symptoms include:
  • Hair not feeling wet in the shower even after I dowse it with water.
  • Hair not feeling moisturized enough after saturating with LI/RO (I use GVPCB).
  • Hair looking awful (frizzy and undefined) after rinsing out about half of the GVPCB and putting in my stylers.
  • Unless I use the skip curl method, my canopy is lifeless, with dry-looking curls and no definition.
Is the PT to blame? How should I recover?

I should note that I'm using the same styling products that I've been using for the last two months without problems. I live in San Francisco, where its been sunny and foggy off and on.

For about a year and a half I would put all my products in my upside down turned curls while my hair was dripping wet. Usually, I got great results.

Then, a few weeks ago I tried the skip curl method, with great results. However, it's time consuming and I don't always have the time to do it. I'd like my old routine back with the same results.

Thanks all!
Curl Style: 3b/3c
Texture: Fine
Porosity: Normal

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
RO: GVP CB
Styling: As I Am Leave In, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets & Confident Coils, DevaCurl Set Me Up, Curl Keeper
Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil, BioSilk RHG

Comments

• oh.hi.its.stephoh.hi.its.steph Posts: 640Registered Users
    Sounds like build-up. Try clarifying, and if that doesn't work you may need to start rotating products; your hair might be satiated on the products you're currently using. Good luck! :)
    whurly girly (2C/3A).
    thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
    hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
    CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
    LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
    Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree with steph. Do you know if the PT contained 'cones?
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • creativelicensecreativelicense Posts: 422Registered Users
    Sounds like build-up. Try clarifying, and if that doesn't work you may need to start rotating products; your hair might be satiated on the products you're currently using. Good luck! :)
    Rimi wrote: »
    I agree with steph. Do you know if the PT contained 'cones?

You know what, it probably did have a cone. I picked up a PT I (thought) I had used before from Sally's. But the consistency when I put it my hair wasn't familiar to me. I probably grabbed something different or they changed the formula. I'll clarify and start over.

Thanks!
    Curl Style: 3b/3c
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Normal

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    RO: GVP CB
    Styling: As I Am Leave In, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets & Confident Coils, DevaCurl Set Me Up, Curl Keeper
    Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil, BioSilk RHG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file