nothing is working well..

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
OK so its hotter than blazes here in the Midwest but I work and live in air conditioning. And nothing is working! Ive got frizz. I cant tell why; whether I need to change my products, or the plastic roller clips I got from CHS. Do I need a heavier conditioner, heavier products, or lighter in this weather? Maybe I need to move!

Comments

  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Myrna, I feel your pain! I've been battling frizz no matter what I do. I've pretty much given up and have accepted that in nasty horrible hot weather my hair will frizz. And I look at the upside of the nasty horrible hot weather- I might have frizz, but my hair has gone from being 2c with air drying and 2c/3a with diffusing in winter to solid 3a with air drying and 3a/3b with diffusing.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't figure out a routine yet either, I end up with frizz everyday no matter which products / combos / techniques I use. I need to get a grasp on things soon, before the dews skyrocket. I might need to resort back to using cones if not. Hope our hair starts looking better :D
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

    NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

    iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

  • hippiechikhippiechik Posts: 40Registered Users
    My frizz is reeeeally bad also here in hot/humid KY. But I found recently that the frizz is much better if I use Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut conditioner as a LI. I read many posts recommending this but I have never been able to use a LI conditioner as it made my hair feel oily and heavy. I tried just using a little and putting it in in the shower on sopping wet hair. It makes a big difference with taming my frizz. I was very surprised.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sheilacurl wrote: »
    I can't figure out a routine yet either, I end up with frizz everyday no matter which products / combos / techniques I use. I need to get a grasp on things soon, before the dews skyrocket. I might need to resort back to using cones if not. Hope our hair starts looking better :D


    Even on days I use cones it's been an issue, so don't give up on CG if it works for you otherwise (I've been modified CG for several months).

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Im just gettin frizz on the top. I dont know wht will help that. I have the Suave Coconut conditioner, but I leave a lot of my Cure Care in, so I am not sure what to do...
  • sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Corrina, thanks, that makes me feel a bit better, knowing that using cones isn't the miracle cure :D Thanks for the encouragement! I just think there's something wrong with me and my efforts, this will be my 3rd year as CG and I don't have a routine that is working. I've gone through so many products and I'm still addicted to the swap board, lol!

    Myrna, do you put conditioner all over your ends and scalp after you shampoo or low poo? I find my top gets extra frizzy if I low poo and am not generous enough with the conditioner. I'm sorry if that seems like an obvious cure, I'm always reluctant to give advice on here because I don't want to be captain obvious...
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

    NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

    iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    Sheila I dont think there's anything wrong with you & efforts. It may be what your perception of "frizz" is. I have not banished frizz completely, ever. I have had good days & bad days but there's always been, at the very least on a good day, a bit of fuzz by the end of the day. I think that's just the nature of some curly hair. Its texture is not that of straight. The cuticle wont always lay perfectly flat. And the humidity is hell on it. I've done co washing, pooing, low pooing, cones, no cones - still frizz. As long as its not wet frizz, and you dont look like you stuck your finger in a light socket, youre probably fine. If its healthy, youre fine. I bet you still get compliments on it :) i bet it looks way better than it did pre-CG! And i bet if you posted a picture we'd all go "frizz? What frizz????" and think your hair is beautiful! We're our own worst critics.

    Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

    Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

    hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sheilacurl wrote: »
    Corrina, thanks, that makes me feel a bit better, knowing that using cones isn't the miracle cure :D Thanks for the encouragement! I just think there's something wrong with me and my efforts, this will be my 3rd year as CG and I don't have a routine that is working. I've gone through so many products and I'm still addicted to the swap board, lol!

    Myrna, do you put conditioner all over your ends and scalp after you shampoo or low poo? I find my top gets extra frizzy if I low poo and am not generous enough with the conditioner. I'm sorry if that seems like an obvious cure, I'm always reluctant to give advice on here because I don't want to be captain obvious...


    Nope- I rotate in certain silicone products for lots of reasons, but frizz control isn't one of them. So far Curl Keeper seems to help more than anything else that I've used. And that's been in dews up to low 70s. But my hair doesn't have issues with glycerin in low dews either, so I don't know if my hair is just exceptionally tolerant.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lcl0706 wrote: »
    Sheila I dont think there's anything wrong with you & efforts. It may be what your perception of "frizz" is. I have not banished frizz completely, ever. I have had good days & bad days but there's always been, at the very least on a good day, a bit of fuzz by the end of the day. I think that's just the nature of some curly hair. Its texture is not that of straight. The cuticle wont always lay perfectly flat. And the humidity is hell on it. I've done co washing, pooing, low pooing, cones, no cones - still frizz. As long as its not wet frizz, and you dont look like you stuck your finger in a light socket, youre probably fine. If its healthy, youre fine. I bet you still get compliments on it :) i bet it looks way better than it did pre-CG! And i bet if you posted a picture we'd all go "frizz? What frizz????" and think your hair is beautiful! We're our own worst critics.

    Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App


    IcI, thank you for your humor and your kind words! You're right, I am my own worst critic. I'm just surrounded by people with shiny hair and I get so discouraged. I guess I need to more proud of what I have and start flaunting it!
    I think everyone who has curly hair needs to read what you just posted. It certainly made me feel better just now!
    :blob3:
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

    NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

    iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sheila, you are not "captain of the obvious"; I may need to leave more conditioner on the canopy. I am always afraid of leaving too much in.
  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    Glad i could help :) I'm surrounded by straighties who've never seen a day of frizz in their life so I understand lol. But I'm not so sure anymore I'd want that perfect hair. Curly hair is wild by nature & I'm starting to believe some frizz is normal & gives it personality. It looks real & natural & as long as it isnt because it's damaged, I'm getting better every day about accepting the way it is.

    Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

    Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

    hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
  • sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Myrna wrote: »
    Sheila, you are not "captain of the obvious"; I may need to leave more conditioner on the canopy. I am always afraid of leaving too much in.

    Lol, good! I was thinking more along the lines of making sure you were putting your rinse out conditioner on your scalp as well as on the ends, not so much the leave-in, that might weigh things down a little too much?
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

    NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

    iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

  • sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lcl0706 wrote: »
    Glad i could help :) I'm surrounded by straighties who've never seen a day of frizz in their life so I understand lol. But I'm not so sure anymore I'd want that perfect hair. Curly hair is wild by nature & I'm starting to believe some frizz is normal & gives it personality. It looks real & natural & as long as it isnt because it's damaged, I'm getting better every day about accepting the way it is.

    Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App


    Acceptance would help me out a lot! :love7:
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

    NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

    iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Today I used only one product. I was thinking maybe less is more in the heat. Will report back later.
  • naturallycreolenaturallycreole Posts: 112Registered Users
    lcl0706 wrote: »
    Glad i could help :) I'm surrounded by straighties who've never seen a day of frizz in their life so I understand lol. But I'm not so sure anymore I'd want that perfect hair. Curly hair is wild by nature & I'm starting to believe some frizz is normal & gives it personality. It looks real & natural & as long as it isnt because it's damaged, I'm getting better every day about accepting the way it is.

    Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App

     this!! So true. When we've tried all the usuals (change products, less is more, add a product layer, protein or henna txt, etc.),then acceptance is helpful. I do stand by keeping a hair journal to document Everything though to enhance the possibility of identifying the "problem/solution," in case there is one.


    If love is truly patient and kind, but our actions or words aren't, then maybe It's self reflection time -Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk-
  • sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do stand by keeping a hair journal to document Everything though to enhance the possibility of identifying the "problem/solution," in case there is one.

    I FINALLY started doing this! It will be interesting and hopefully helpful :D There are just too many variables, right?
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

    NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

    iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

  • naturallycreolenaturallycreole Posts: 112Registered Users
    sheilacurl wrote: »
    I do stand by keeping a hair journal to document Everything though to enhance the possibility of identifying the "problem/solution," in case there is one.

    I FINALLY started doing this! It will be interesting and hopefully helpful :D There are just too many variables, right?

    Too many indeed. Ive been keeping a journal close to 2 yrs and it had been very valuable. It keeps my eyes wide open


    If love is truly patient and kind, but our actions or words aren't, then maybe It's self reflection time. -Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk-
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    lcl0706 wrote: »
    Glad i could help :) I'm surrounded by straighties who've never seen a day of frizz in their life so I understand lol. But I'm not so sure anymore I'd want that perfect hair. Curly hair is wild by nature & I'm starting to believe some frizz is normal & gives it personality. It looks real & natural & as long as it isnt because it's damaged, I'm getting better every day about accepting the way it is.

    Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App

    :thumright:Encouraging words indeed!
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I admire those who have the patience for this. I just do my hair, occasionally change products if it appears to not be working so well, and hope for the best.
  • jaclyn15jaclyn15 Posts: 227Registered Users
    While my hair has certainly not been perfect this summer, I have been having some luck with Suave Coconut condish as a leave-in, followed by HESMU gel. I think having a tiny bit of protein in my leave-in and NO glycerin in my gel is key for high dews for me.

    I am continuing with my heavy RO from the winter, the Biolage conditioning balm. Still loving that as a year-round HG!
    My hair: 3b, corkicelli, medium porosity, medium texture, medium/thick density

    Co-wash: DevaCurl NoPoo
    Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Leave-in: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, or my rinse-out!
    Gel: SS FHG (my new HG!!)... I also like HESMU, AIF, CJ CQ, BRHG, CJ PP and the occasional LALSG

    Likes: Plopping!
    Dislikes: Glycerin

    CG and loving it! :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file