They moved the KCCC at Target!

Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I went to TWO Targets to repurchase my KCCC. It's not with the Miss Jessey's? I panic, it's not in the "natural" soap and cream section. I go nuts and call the Target Customer Service (from home) and talk to a dude in India I think, who tells me they have a "good supply" of them at that store.

O.k. girls.... I called the store like a nut... "Yes, Kinky Curly Curling Custard".... so long story short, they moved it to the Ethnic Section. So I bought the 8 ounce cause that's all they had.

Figured I'd tip you all off, so you would not panic like I did!
3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
Med-Course
Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
SOTC: JCNS
Love your hair: Love yourself!

Comments

• Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's always been in the ethnic hair section in my Target.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • Jpop825Jpop825 Posts: 169Registered Users
    It's always been in the ethnic hair section in my Target.

Same here. Weird

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    Ditto the other two posters. In fact, all of the curly hair products are in the ethnic section at every Target I've visited. In 4 different states lol. Where did they used to store them at your Target OP?
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Slightly off topic but don't Anglos have curly hair? Lorraine Massey, anyone? /end sarcasm :-)
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I thought everyone knew "kinky" equals ethnic, in my best sarcastic tone.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    I can't even get offended at the assumption that all curly-kinky hair is ethnic because I'm so busy being offended by the belief that ethnic means "not white". Ethnic sections are a pet peeve of mine because, NEWSFLASH! everyone is ethnic!

I guess until people stop seeing "white" as the default, normal American and everything else as outside of the abnormal/alien...we'll continue to have Ethnic Sections in stores like Target.
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    AmberBrown wrote: »
    I can't even get offended at the assumption that all curly-kinky hair is ethnic because I'm so busy being offended by the belief that ethnic means "not white". Ethnic sections are a pet peeve of mine because, NEWSFLASH! everyone is ethnic!

I guess until people stop seeing "white" as the default, normal American and everything else as outside of the abnormal/alien...we'll continue to have Ethnic Sections in stores like Target.

My post did not elaborate, but that was the sentiment behind it. Why can't hair care products for everyone be in one section instead having to run around to different sections of a store?

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • raindearraindear Posts: 356Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just think of it as the "Curly" section, that's what I do, and it's the first place I look when I am looking for hair products. One day the marketing folks will catch up. "Curlies Unite!"
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal
    Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:
  • LaurieSLaurieS Posts: 97Registered Users
    Target in my area has one big hair section which contains all of the brands except "yes to", "giovanni", and some other brand. These other brands are in the makeup area.
  • Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, Laurie S, in my area on Long Island... the KCCC had it's own kind of Natural section off of the cosmetics section. They had the KCCC there with the Shea Naturals... Now they moved it to Ethnic section and they have Miss Jessie's in the spot KCCC was, off the cosmetics section.

It probably was to promo the product... but give a girl a break and tell me where you moving my stash Target People!
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My post did not elaborate, but that was the sentiment behind it. Why can't hair care products for everyone be in one section instead having to run around to different sections of a store?
    Well, in my Target(s) - there are like 4 in my immediate area - the "ethnic section" isn't even a section per se, it's with all the other haircare items so I guess it doesn't offend me as much, plus I am ethnic. :D But our "ethnic" sections are basically the last quarter section of the shelves at the end of the specialized hair care section in beauty. So it's not like they're segregating us, not in my Targets anyway. I've never had to run around to different sections of the store, but I can appreciate that some of you have.

Off topic, but I don't like KCCC and sadly, my ethnic sections won't carry the variety of curly care products that some of you ladies get - no Miss Jessie's, for example. We only just got the entire Kinky Curly line and Curls for Target a couple of months ago. So my gripe with Target isn't that there's an ethnic section, it's that there is parsity of curls products period.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • KilajoKilajo Posts: 786Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, in my Target(s) - there are like 4 in my immediate area - the "ethnic section" isn't even a section per se, it's with all the other haircare items so I guess it doesn't offend me as much, plus I am ethnic. :D But our "ethnic" sections are basically the last quarter section of the shelves at the end of the specialized hair care section in beauty. So it's not like they're segregating us, not in my Targets anyway. I've never had to run around to different sections of the store, but I can appreciate that some of you have.

Off topic, but I don't like KCCC and sadly, my ethnic sections won't carry the variety of curly care products that some of you ladies get - no Miss Jessie's, for example. We only just got the entire Kinky Curly line and Curls for Target a couple of months ago. So my gripe with Target isn't that there's an ethnic section, it's that there is parsity of curls products period.

In the Targets close to me they have the ethnic section on one side of the aisle and other products on the other. In the next row they have "higher end" (target standard) products in a separate aisle (next one over). Anyway although they have shea moisture in the ethnic section they also have a natural section with hair and body products that include Yes to and SM.

I've never liked the idea of an ethnic section. Doesn't everyone have an ethnicity?

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file