Enhance shiny waves, not curls

Vanessa624Vanessa624 Registered Users Posts: 19
So wavies, I was wondering if any of you had this issue.

I love how shiny the curly girl method makes my hair, but I feel like all the scrunching makes it unnaturally curly. I was wondering if there was some way to keep my loose waves and make them more "clumpy" without making them curly while still giving them the signature, shiny CG look?
Went CG x2 before, didn't work

Now trying modified CG, starting 4.9.11

Not sure what hair type, 2c/3a...hopefully a pattern will emerge soon!

Comments

• cinimonstkcinimonstk Registered Users Posts: 35
    How about raking your product in instead of scrunching? I'm 2c/3a and sometimes it helps to loosen the curls underneath. If you diffuse try diffusing from the side instead of scrunching up towards your head.
    Getting to know my hair!

2c/3a, Med/high porosity, Fine hair, Still trying to figure out elasticity, Colored

Products I am auditioning:
    Co-wash & LI: Suave Nat. Trop Coco
    Low Poo: Pure Elements Sulfate-Free Color Protect Shampoo
    Stylers: Biotera Curl Creme, Argan Oil, Aussie Sydney Smooth Gel, AIF
    PT: GVP Kpak
    DT: PE Intensive Repair
  • uncomplicateduncomplicated Registered Users Posts: 13
    If I want waves instead of curls, I apply KCCC to soaking wet hair after CO wash, rake it in with my fingers only (no scrunching, as mentioned by cinimonstk) and let it air dry. The product loosens my curls out and leaves shiny clumped waves. Due to having fine hair, however, the product weighs my hair down and I have no volume at all.

You could probably try any heavy product that lengthens or loosens curls and get a similar effect, depending on your hair type. Since mine's so fine, anything too heavy gives me waves rather than curls. Also, if you wanted some volume, keep the product off your scalp and apply only to the length or try clipping.
  • Vanessa624Vanessa624 Registered Users Posts: 19
    If I want waves instead of curls, I apply KCCC to soaking wet hair after CO wash, rake it in with my fingers only (no scrunching, as mentioned by cinimonstk) and let it air dry. The product loosens my curls out and leaves shiny clumped waves. Due to having fine hair, however, the product weighs my hair down and I have no volume at all.

You could probably try any heavy product that lengthens or loosens curls and get a similar effect, depending on your hair type. Since mine's so fine, anything too heavy gives me waves rather than curls. Also, if you wanted some volume, keep the product off your scalp and apply only to the length or try clipping.

Thanks both of you!! Just a quick question, what is KCCC? :)
    Went CG x2 before, didn't work

Now trying modified CG, starting 4.9.11

Not sure what hair type, 2c/3a...hopefully a pattern will emerge soon!

Vanessa624 wrote: »
    Thanks both of you!! Just a quick question, what is KCCC? :)

KCCC = Kinky Curly Curling Custard :)
  • cinimonstkcinimonstk Registered Users Posts: 35

Ooooooh I just bought KCCC, dying to try it out. I would like looser curls, I get lots of volume and curls when my hair is done but it quickly falls flat, loosens up. If it gives me clumpier, looser curls/waves that would be awesome.
    Getting to know my hair!

2c/3a, Med/high porosity, Fine hair, Still trying to figure out elasticity, Colored

Products I am auditioning:
    Co-wash & LI: Suave Nat. Trop Coco
    Low Poo: Pure Elements Sulfate-Free Color Protect Shampoo
    Stylers: Biotera Curl Creme, Argan Oil, Aussie Sydney Smooth Gel, AIF
    PT: GVP Kpak
    DT: PE Intensive Repair
    I hope it works for you. :) I make sure to put it on in the shower on soaking wet hair, rake through and then smooth my hair back into big chunky sections. As it dries the sections will separate naturally. Don't touch it at all. It will be pretty crunchy. Once it's dried *completely*, then you can gently mash the crunch out . Haha, no scrunching! :p Oiling your hair would probably help keep the clumps separated and add shine (at least it does for mine). You can also put a leave-in underneath before the KCCC. That seems to help loosen the curls further - at least on my hair.

Again, KCCC has never increased my curls, it has always loosened them. They bounce up a lot more the less of any product I put in. I just needed to say this, since I've read some people get more curls with KCCC. It also seems like a lot of stuff on the hair, but mine never looks greasy or feels product-y once I mash out the crunch. It's just very soft and shiny.

I'd love to hear if this worked at all - especially, since I suspect we have similar hair properties. Only difference seems to be that my hair never has any volume, even when it's curlier. I may have less hair overall than you, though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file