New Hairstyle...Help Please!

Hi! I am a long time, long-haired girl whose hair currently looks like this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuQeRZ26ib5mjKhDNQpWH0EbVWUptOEDZOc3Yay8a6LlozjQD8
I am considering making a big (for me) change to a longer angled bob - ideally I would like it to look like this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhw9rprK9P3j8_THhLOtQW8f_364hMXW3WFRlhxRvUahQriyUgKIyrWrgrimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn7BFiN3s_IXjWbe61VA_hv2UQWicioM4etBqd61Q50TjoheoNxLg-y5wimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJRU7B2mphpAENfLbdJclsymjgXLRll_ayLhJwoHeUrjmCJ-sy

Since I am a curly girl I normally just let my hair air dry and rarely do I straighten it - I do not know how to use a curling iron. My question is this: is there an easy way to get the texture (beachy, wavy) in the pictures above when I have much tighter curls? I am hoping maybe if I used different product that would help - right now I use a leave-in conditioning creme. I have also seen the deep waver tools, but since I can barely use a curling iron I don't know that those would be much easier - plus I heard you have to straighten your hair before even using this tool. Any help would be appreciated - I LOVE the chic, easygoing look of the styles above but don't want to cut my hair only to find out I can't get it to look like I want.

Thank you!

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My curls are a bit looser than yours, but I have never been able to intentionally and consistently loosen my curl pattern without the use of heat or rollers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • hippiechikhippiechik Posts: 40Registered Users
    Both the long and the short styles are beautiful. But if you want tight curls to be looser and more wavy it's probably going to be time consuming and somewhat damaging to your hair each time you style. Is it worth it? I have spent lots of time, LOTS of time and money over the years to change my tighter curls to loose or straight styles. It was damaging to my hair so now I am trying very hard to enjoy my curls as they are though I do give in occasionally and use a curling iron. Also if you try the shorter style it will grow out so may be worth a try. Good luck!!
  • lindylu1213lindylu1213 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thanks so much! I kind of figured it would take a lot of work to do, and although it is cute I think sometime's it's better to just go with what you've got.
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i think you'll look great with the longer angled bob! sounds like a big change. though maybe it wont be alot of work but it be really easy? cause its alot shorter then what your used to

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • raindearraindear Posts: 356Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This thread:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/70484-curly-bobs-unite-whats-like-about.html

shows pics of inverted bobs in different curl types. You might be able to get an idea of what your curl type will look like there. I bet it would look great without you having to work on straightening/loosening your curl.
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal
    Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file