Matted roots

I dont usually comb my hair except in the shower. But it's been 2 days my roots were matted and my hair was frizzy. I don't know what happened

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I've never heard of that particular issue. How do you cleanse/condition your hair?

You might want to try sleeping on a satin pillowcase, too.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • MixedchicMixedchic Posts: 33Registered Users
    Gretchen wrote: »
    I've never heard of that particular issue. How do you cleanse/condition your hair?

You might want to try sleeping on a satin pillowcase, too.

I use regular conditioners
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have heard of people having this happen if they dont ever detangle all the way to roots. I dont usually detangle to my roots and not a problem for me but could be something you have to do. My aunt who has a relaxer was in the hospital for a week and couldnt wash her hair and her roots matted. I told her to mix some conditioner and EVOO then put it on her roots and let it sit 20 minutes. That allows it to soften. Then go through it with a wide tooth comb. Worked for her.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My roots are easy. The ends and middle get matted. I just load them with conditioner and slow roll it. :)

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4s using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Good suggestions, ladies.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • raindearraindear Posts: 356Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Matting/tangling is more likely to happen if you are active and moving your hair around. My son had a real problem once when he was doing a car repair. If you are going to be in a position to be rubbing or doing a lot of movement against your hair, it is a good idea to protect your hair. Scarves, turbans, a tight cap, or braids or some type of protective styling can all help to protect your hair.

If tangling happens, all the recommendations for conditioner, soaking, taking extreme care that have already been mentioned will help.

My son's hair was so bad that I had to rescue it one hair at a time with a hairpin, hope no one here ever has that extreme a problem.
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal
    Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file