Anyone refresh with oil?

Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users Curl Neophyte
At night if my hair is particularly puffy/tangly/dry, etc, I'll gently comb it out and then smooth it over with some EVCO. Now, usually I'm going to wash it the next day, so it doesn't matter if it looks greasy - which it does! But I did notice that it gets completely frizz free, and my curls tend to spring up! I couldn't wear it like that out - like I said, it's greasy looking!

So does anyone else notice this with their hair? And do any of you refresh with an oil? If so, what oil?? I can't imagine one that would be light enough to not look greasy and still penetrating enough to create that spring!

I have used LOOB mixed with some oil before, and had some decent results there.

Thoughts??
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    yea i do this. ill gently wet my hair a bit, not so its dripping but just so that i can see my curls more. then i use a bit of oil and work that through, for this ill use macadamia oil, apricot oil or coconut oil. try using a lighter oil, maybe you wont be as greasy with a lighter oil. really light ones are grapeseed oil and argan oil, jojoba oil......

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have jojoba, so I'll give that a shot - thanks!

Though my hair is not nearly as curly as yours, so I'm not sure if it will as well for me!

I usually try to stay away from much water, too. But hey! It's worth experimenting!! ;)

Seal - MO or Jojoba
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Sometimes I'll use just the barest amount of this Gleau oil. I'll also sometimes mix a drop into my styler, too.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • LauraWolfhartLauraWolfhart Posts: 57Registered Users
    Lol, you've already read this from me but I insist on Argan oil! Not one bit greasy and has extra anti-oxidents, vitamins and proteins. It's wonderful for hair, especially frizzy types. Pro Naturals moroccan argan oil is for me but there are less expensive ones, although some include silicones or sulfates so you have to check the ingredients.
    Lol, you've already read this from me but I insist on Argan oil! Not one bit greasy and has extra anti-oxidents, vitamins and proteins. It's wonderful for hair, especially frizzy types. Pro Naturals moroccan argan oil is for me but there are less expensive ones, although some include silicones or sulfates so you have to check the ingredients.

hehe thats somthing i would have posted! i use pure argan oil, i use it more on my face, (helped clear away my acne, and old acne scars, soft smooth skin). its amazing on my hair as well, i mixed it to make a growth booster. i dont know what i would do with out my argan oil! ive also got mum hooked on the stuff. she got operated on her finger. i told her to use it as soon as she could, she used it twice or 3 times a day and with in 4 days a nice scab fell off and she was left with lovely skin. she swears that she could have watched it heal.
    anyway, long story short, that stuff is AMAZING

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    Jas76 wrote: »
    I have jojoba, so I'll give that a shot - thanks!

Though my hair is not nearly as curly as yours, so I'm not sure if it will as well for me!

I usually try to stay away from much water, too. But hey! It's worth experimenting!! ;)

you dont need alot of water, just a bit for the oil too... seal and "grab" onto somthing i guess. ifs its too greasy then use a bit less.

• Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the advice, everyone!! I will have to experiment, for sure!!

Maybe I'll breakdown, give in, and buy some argan oil! I've resisted for so long!! And I've wanted it so bad!! Lol!!

Seal - MO or Jojoba
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file