Best way to stretch/elongate curls?

aerisleyaerisley Posts: 23Registered Users
I have 3b hair that I relaxed for years. I stopped relaxing my hair about three years ago, and just had it styled with a blow-dryer and flat-iron weekly or bi-weekly.

A few weeks ago I cut my hair, and I think I finally got the last bit of relaxed hair out. Problem is now I have my tight, defined curls while I prefer looser curls more like 2b hair.

I try to use as little heat as possible, and with the summer here, I'd like to not have to worry about the heat and humidity curling my straight hair. So, I'd like to find products I can use to stretch or elongate my curls.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A roller set usually works, but I've found that when I disturb my natural curl pattern, my hair tends to get really frizzy if exposed to any type of humidity including perspiration. I end up with straighter, frizzy pieces, and uneven curl.

LA Looks Sports Gel, will relax my 3B curls somewhat, but it won't turn 3B into 2C.

Good luck. I ended up growing my hair to waist. Length will definitely relax your curl pattern.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file