straightening

stevelandostevelando Registered Users Posts: 9
Does anyone know any natural ways to straighten 2b /2c hair without any flat irons or blowdryers or chemically,i know im not going to get it poker straight but there has to be some solution that will promote my haur to be straighter im a male with short hair if thst helps!

Comments

• raindearraindear Registered Users Posts: 356 Curl Neophyte
    I did this for a lot of years, so it might not work as well for you, but I used to comb gel through my hair, comb it straight, then comb out the crunch when it got dry. This really reduced the amount of wave in my hair. I also live in Las Vegas and have really short hair, so this method didn't cause frizz, but might not work as well in humid areas or with longer hair.
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal
    Elasticity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:
  • Mimee03Mimee03 Registered Users Posts: 190
    Look on YouTube. There was one video where the girl wraps her hair with bobby pins all around her head while it's wet and sleeps on it like that. It turned out good for her but for thin hair like mine it might leave bobby pin kinks. Also another one where a girl uses a fan lol.
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Registered Users Posts: 478
    :icon_smile:I don't have any advice to offer on straightening, I just wanted to say that your waves look great in your avi pic. My husband has hair similar to yours and the longer it grows the curlier it gets!:laughing6: He keeps it short(ish), and sometimes runs a little gel through it. I do understand though, I think for some guys it's hard to get used to their naturally wavy/curly hair, but I personally love to see a guy sporting their waves!:glasses8:

Good luck!;-)
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • stevelandostevelando Registered Users Posts: 9
    :icon_smile:I don't have any advice to offer on straightening, I just wanted to say that your waves look great in your avi pic. My husband has hair similar to yours and the longer it grows the curlier it gets!:laughing6: He keeps it short(ish), and sometimes runs a little gel through it. I do understand though, I think for some guys it's hard to get used to their naturally wavy/curly hair, but I personally love to see a guy sporting their waves!:glasses8:

Good luck!;-)

Thanks for the opinions..to be honest my hair isnt probably to bad if its short but i prefer to keep it long i have seen one of these straighening anti frizz shampoos so i might just give it a try..
  • SaraNoHSaraNoH Registered Users Posts: 827
    I've seen a few videos on YT of people "wrapping" (combing) their hair around their heads, wrapping it with Saran Wrap and sitting under a dryer, or just wrapping it then covering the hair with a bandanna/scarf overnight. It seems to work too.
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    Large rollers?
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file