Target's Curls Curl Creme Brule

PuffffPuffff Posts: 55Registered Users
I found this back when I was searching for a conditioner without cones. I usually tend to avoid products with oils in them because it makes me super nervous but I decided to give it a go especially since the bottle said sulfate/silicone free (it also is paraben free too).

Here are the ingredients:
Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Seed Oil, glycine soya (soybean) Oil, Ethylhexyl palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Certified Organic Butyrospermum Paekii (Shea Butter), Certified Organic Prunus Amygdalus Delcis (sweet almond) oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Cerbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Frangrance, Phenoxyetganol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Now I have 3b curls, fine, with normal porosity. I washed my hair and than preceded to hand comb this product in. I had never used a brule before and had a hard time with product distribution. The pros I discovered: it smelled AMAZING (we’re talking coconut/vanilla with traces of almond). Also (I think maybe because of all the oils) but unlike conditioners where I have to re-wet my hair and reapply product everyday with this stuff I simply had to rewet my hair and it ‘reactivated’.

Now to the cons: I didn’t like how this product just seemed to ‘lay’ on my hair. I think it might have been to heavy but it took all the body out of my curls (they looked plastered to my head) and it took a long time for my hair to dry in the morning (with conditioners it dries in only about 15 minutes with this it took about an hour). While my hair was wet this product made it feel greasy to touch (though once it dried it was ok). I also felt like it was ‘suffocating’ my scalp which might sound strange but it’s definitely a factor I don’t like in products. Now when I went to take a shower and wash my hair I was horrified to find that my shampoo (the normal sulfate kind) was having a hard time cleaning this product out (my hair still felt gunky and oily after rinsing). I ended up having to use a clarifying shampoo to get my hair completely clean.

In any case, I wasn’t a huge fan of the product and decided to go with something else (Since I do LOVE the smell though I’m going to try to use it to shave with ;)

Has anyone else given this product or this brand a try? I would love to hear how it worked for you.

The website on the bottle says www.curls.biz

Comments

• jengercjengerc Posts: 6Registered Users
    I'm currently using that product. Its not a conditioner, so maybe that's why your getting those results. It's a frizz control product that also holds the shape of your curls. It's meant to be used after you've shampoo'd ,conditioned and have put your leave-in conditioner in your hair . If your looking for curls brand conditioner its called coconut curladd and is at sallys. Hope this helps.
  • karendeannakarendeanna Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi, I'm new here, but wanted to comment on this product.. I'm trying it for the first time tonight; just washed and DC my hair, then applied the creme brulee to my dripping wet hair. So far I'm liking the shine and curl definition I'm seeing. My hair is still wet, so the final verdict is yet to be determined. Love the smell also! I didn't use a leave in, but will next time. I have thick, dense 3c and 4a curls and coils (I think!).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file