Anyone doing Weight Watchers??

MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
I am thinking of starting up again. I need to lose about 15 - 20 pounds. Is anyone else doing it? It would be good to have a buddy to talk about this with.

Comments

• jfrizz2jfrizz2 Registered Users Posts: 32
    I have been doing ww, for the fist time in my life, for about a week. I did lose the first week but I am starving as I write this. This is going to be a bumpy ride.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I saw my sister last week and she lost 35 lbs on WW in 3 mos. She looks awesome. I was so jealous. This is the 1st time she has been smaller than me. I was going to start doing it, but the only way I can is online. I just don't have the time to go to the meetings. I wanted to do the Flex Plan to count points. I was told I needed to do 18 points daily, but you can't get the little slide point card when you do it online. I looked up some foods for the points, but it didn't give portions and it was a hassle. I wouldn't be able to take it with me. I really think I could stay on this program because there is such a variety of foods you can eat. Most diets eliminate so many foods that I end up going off of it then bingeing. I'm at 125 now and would like to get down to 115.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • reddhotreddhot Registered Users Posts: 26
    G-stringranny, I was on WW most of last year so I know that your sister (if she's still going to WW, even occassionally can pick you up an extra one of the point sliders, the one I went to didn't put a limit on how many we could have). If not, you can occassionally find them on ebay just put in Weight Watchers or WW point slider. HTH
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e249/santosfallon/hairpicredo.jpg

I'd rather be hated for who I am , than loved for who I am not.
    Hair type: 3a/3b
  • Jillio89Jillio89 Registered Users Posts: 21
    I'm doing Weight Watchers (WW). I've been doing it since July and I have lost 53 pounds. It's amazing. I would recomend the program to anyone. My sister has lost 40 pounds and my mom has lost 31 pounds. If you have any questions or anything, I'll be happy to answer them.
  • natashamcknatashamck Registered Users Posts: 434
    Are there any other threads on this?

I'm starting my third week on ww and would love to have a place (besides the meetings) where we can sort of check in every week and keep each other motivated...

I've liked weight watchers so far, and I lost 5.6 pounds in my first week (and I ate M&M's... I love any diet that will allow me to have M&M's without feeling totally guilty!)

Unfortunately, my success in the first week gave me a false sense of what I needed to eat in order to continue losing weight, so in my second week I gained 2 lbs back :( It was totally my fault, one of my friends had a game night, and I was up til 2AM playing Monopoly and snacking like everyone else... :?

Anyway - to the ladies who have lost a lot on ww... How long did it take you to lose the weight? Did you always lose at weigh-ins, or did you go back an forth a little?

Please share... I need all the advice that I can get :)
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Bump...

I am thinking about doing WW. I checked their website for a price, but couldn't find anything. Can someone share the price of joining and membership prices?

How is everyone doing? Is the plan easy to follow?

Thanks!

ETA:
    natashamck, if I decide to join, I wouldn't mind checking in on NC. As you said, it would be great to have a place other than meetings to chat.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    I'm with you Windflower!

The first time around that I tried it, I think it was $10 a meeting. Now I'm doing WW at work, and it was $120 for a 10 week session, so that still equals out to about $10 plus a joining fee... Your best bet to find out would probably be to contact a meeting leader. You can also do WW on the web where you weigh yourself in (but I don't have the discipline for that :) )

The plan is pretty easy to follow. I like that I can "cheat" and not feel guilty... I just account for whatever I ate with my daily points allowance. That's where I failed on other diets... Once I cheated I figured... well I just had that cookie - so what's the harm in having some nacho's/burger/unhealthyfoodhere too... With WW, if I eat "bad food" I don't feel like I've committed a mortal sin...

So far I've lost about 7 pounds... which is pretty good to me considering that I was in disney world all of last week and ate whatever I wanted :)
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
    God, I had given up until I saw this thread had been bumped. My only issue now is that I order my food through a kitchen assembly service. SOOO much easier. I'm gonna have 2 figure the points on everything or just stop using it and make my own food.
    Checking in....

Lost 2.2 lbs @ weigh in today :) I was pretty surprised since I'd had cake and finger sandwiches at my godson's birthday party yesterday - but this loss has given me some motivation for the week!
    ^^^:cheers:
    I hate that this thread is so dead. We need a jumping one. I'm starting back up officially on WW next week.
  • jfrizz2jfrizz2 Registered Users Posts: 32
    Im still doing WW (wow.. I just looked back and my first post was in Feb.). I am happy with WW, I have lost over 30lbs. and now entering lifetime. I need to watch it though becuase I was arrogant last week and I am scared to get on the scale :laughing9: I had the nerve to buy a half gallon of lowfat ice cream/yogurt (whatever), now i just have to have the willpower not to keep eating at it in one sitting. I have to wiegh in next week so I bought a bunch of fruit too :idea1: we'll see what happens
    I just started this morning - if my scale is correct, I weigh 134 pounds. I find that hard to believe because I FEEL like I have gained more weight han that. If the scale is right, I've only gained like 4 or 5 pounds.

Has anyone thought of having a food diary thread? I think I will. It will hold me accountable.
    jfrizz2 - Congrats on the weight loss!! In the hungry-girl.com newsletter today she mentioned that WW has ice cream packaged into individual single servings - with flavors like mint chocolate chip and cookie dough at 2-3 points... It may be worth a try.

meghuney - I've thought about it, but I know I wouldn't keep up with a food diary thread - or any sort of food diary online... I do better with writing it down... but I agree that you will have more accountability if you start one so I hope it works for you!!

I weighed in today - I maintained :dontknow: I'm not too happy about it, but at least I didn't gain. I haven't changed anything from the previous week, but it is "girl time" so I may be a little bloated...
    I'm committting to walking at least 15 minutes a day for next week in addition to my 4 days of jazzercise - so I'm hoping for a loss of close to 2 lbs at next weigh in :wink:
    Does anyone know if WW is possible if one can't eat wheat and wants to eat low dairy? I am wondering if it is worth my money to join.

Thanks!
    Windflower wrote:
    Does anyone know if WW is possible if one can't eat wheat and wants to eat low dairy? I am wondering if it is worth my money to join.

Thanks!

Most definately. They don't MAKE you eat ANYTHING. There is NOTHIGN that is off limits. As long as you count your points and stay within your range, it's free range!
    Meghuney wrote:
    Windflower wrote:

Thanks!

Most definately. They don't MAKE you eat ANYTHING. There is NOTHIGN that is off limits. As long as you count your points and stay within your range, it's free range!

Right - NOTHING is off limits. I had a pecan praline pancake for breakfast this morning because I was craving one... :cheers: Now it was a little mini baby pancake with like a half a squirt of syrup - but it satisfied that craving so that the next time I'm at my mom's and she offer's pancakes I won't eat the whole box lol!

The only thing that they encourage is following the "good health guidelines"
    1. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day
    2. Choose whole grain foods instead of refined varieties whenever possible (there is no minimum or maximum daily requirement for wheat/grains)
    3. Include 2 servings of milk products a day. 3 if you are over 50, a teenager, or over 250 lbs. If you can't actually ingest milk, you can take a calcium supplement. Soy Milk counts as milk. (I honestly have a hard time getting this in - I don't really like milk or yogurt - and cheese is high in points - so on some days I just take a calcium chew)
    4. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day
    5. have some healthy oil each day (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats from fish, nuts, seeds, olive oil, etc)
    6. Make sure you get enough protein (a serving or two a day)

HTH!!
    Thanks posting the guidelines natashamck. I am very very tempted to try it. I will look into it again...
    Windflower wrote:
    Thanks posting the guidelines natashamck. I am very very tempted to try it. I will look into it again...

God forgive me, but I've had success on WW WITHOUT using those guidelines. I know I really should - but I don't.
    Meghuney wrote:
    Windflower wrote:

God forgive me, but I've had success on WW WITHOUT using those guidelines. I know I really should - but I don't.

You're welcome windflower :wink:

An Meghuney - I don't follow the guidelines exactly either... I just try to get in the water and fruit/veggie guidelines... I really don't concern myself too much withthe other stuff 8)
    Checking in again! :wink: At weigh in today I was down 1.8 lbs. Its great that I lost weight, but I feel like it has taken me forever to get the first 10 lbs off... I'll see how it goes next week. My goal is at least 1 pound.

If my weight loss continues to go slow, I may switch over to the core plan.

Is anyone here on the core plan?
    I lost 3 pounds this last week! It motivated me to stay on track. I hope do lost 2 pounds next week.
    Meghuney wrote:
    I lost 3 pounds this last week! It motivated me to stay on track. I hope do lost 2 pounds next week.

Congrats!!! :wav:
    natashamck wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:

Congrats!!! :wav:

Ok I was doing something else as I wrote that sentence. Please let me redo it.

I hope to lose 2 pounds next week. :laughing9:
    Yea for weight lost! :cheers:

I have decided not to do WW, but return to my old plan. Would it be OK to still check in on this thread? It would be great to have share support.
    I wouldn't have a problem with it :wink:

I think that the reason why people are as succesful as they are on weight watchers is partly because they make it easy to figure out what you should and shouldn't be eating, and MOSTLY because you have to weigh-in every week - so you're held accountable for what you eat...

So if anyone wants to check in weekly, monthly, etc... I'm sure it will be welcomed! :cheers:

- in other news, I weighed myself on Monday (since our meeting was cancelled due to labor day) and I'd lost like a half of a pound. Hopefully by this comming monday I will have turned that into 1.5 pounds!!
    Weighed in again today - And I was down 2.2 pounds!

I was pleasantly surprised - especially since I hadn't tracked what I'd eaten all week :oops:

I've finally reached the ten pound mark - yay me! :hello1:

Hopefully I can continue to lose 1 pound a week and stop with all of this up and down nonsense!
    At weigh in I was up 0.8 lb.... But I think that it may be partially due to the fact that it is "super magic girl time". lol

We won't be weighing in for another 2 weeks because I'm doing Weight watchers "At Work" and we pay in 10 week increments - so there's going to be a few informational meetings before the start of the next 10 week session... I hope to be down about 5 pounds by then... wish me luck!!

On another note: I'm surprised that we don't have more curlies on weight watchers... There are onle like 2 regular posters to this thread...
  • niknik Registered Users Posts: 109
    thats funny yesterday I said to myself I should try WW. I don't understand the concept that well though. I know you can pretty much eat anything as long as its within your point range, but how do you know what to eat? DO they have sample menus? I started eating healthy again today, so far so good. I'm counting today as day 1.
    There will never be another you
  • malafachamalafacha Registered Users Posts: 301
    They have sample menus, you can register on their website and they send you recipes with their points value and you can just browse through the many recipes they offer on the site.
    I want to start too. DO any of youguys that lost weight excercise too?
    It's five o'clock somewhere! ctail.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file