CurlTalk

Coconut Oil?

I have been putting coconut oil in my hair for as long as I can remember. But, just recently, I read an article about how it can straighten hair? Has that worked for anybody? If so, details on how? PLEASE!!!:bounce::confused3:

Comments

• forestwillowforestwillow Posts: 68Registered Users
    I just tried a honey and coconut oil conditioner and it made my hair even curlier but more of a baby/loose curl. Try one of the coconut oil recipes to see if it makes a difference. :)
  • LilyaLilya Posts: 47Registered Users
    Well, I know that just applying coconut oil to the hair weighs it down because of the oil. If I put enough of it in, it will straighten my hair (although it appears greasy). Once I co-wash it out though, it is the same ol' reg'lar curl pattern I always have, unless I don't rinse all of it out. Could you post the article perhaps? :love2:
    Dense but fine and delicate 3a hair. Feels like a dandelion without product. Difficulties in getting less puff and more definition when short.

On a mission to grow out after my big chop! :cat:
  • earthnutearthnut Posts: 226Registered Users
    It'll weigh down the hair if you put enough in, like any oil, but it doesn't permanently straighten hair.

---
    2c/3a-M-ii porous, good elasticity, APL, dark brown with a silver lining. Biggest enemy: frizz!
  • KeihsKeihs Posts: 435Registered Users
    Is it hard to CO wash coconut oil out?
  • SamiSami Posts: 94Registered Users
    Keihs wrote: »
    Is it hard to CO wash coconut oil out?

It's not too hard, as long as you don't use a ton.