Starting Co-washing and a question?

SafeHarborSafeHarbor Registered Users Posts: 9
Hello all!

I'm really keen to start this method and see how my hair goes with it. ( I *think* my hair is a mix of 2c/3a)

But I wanted to ask if using a clarifying shampoo before you start is necessary?
Will it work better if I do clarify first, or is it okay to just start co-washing now?

Thanks!:love2:

Comments

• proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Registered Users Posts: 478
    :)From what I've read and understand, you use a clarifying sulfate shampoo before starting the CG method to give your hair a 'clean slate', so to speak, getting rid of any silicones or other non-CG approved ingredients in products that you may have been using. You can then start co-washing effectively.

Good luck!;-)
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • SafeHarborSafeHarbor Registered Users Posts: 9
    Ahhh, that makes sense :)
    Thanks! Now I'll have to see if I can find something!
  • angela.spiveangela.spive Registered Users Posts: 1
    I just started using a Cleansing Conditioner on my hair. Is it recommended to do a regular shampoo periodically with this regimen? Should I use a sulfate free shampoo or regular shampoo for a periodic cleanse? Thanks!
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    It's going to be a personal preference. I used DevaCurl No-Poo for two straight years without shampooing and had no issues. Some people find they do better rotating in a sulfate free shampoo. I rotate in a gentle sulfate shampoo because I find most sulfate free shampoos to be very drying to my hair. No two head of hair are alike, so you will have to play around to see what works best for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file