Henna and deep conditioning treatments

kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
So I'm 90% sure that I'm going to use henna to give my hair some color depth. I have extremely dark brown hair that gets reddish brown highlights in the summer.

I'm going to use body-art quality henna. I've just started using clay for deep conditioning treatments ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Volcanic-Clean-Mask-p-379.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-volcanic-clean-mask]Blended Beauty volcanic clean mask[/buylink]) and I've just ordered some Anita Grant Rhassoul treatments. I was wondering would the henna be stripped from my hair by these treatments? Would the henna prevent my hair from being deep conditioned by them?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank in advance! :)
YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
:lurk:

http://public.fotki.com/kdcreigh/
PW: natural

Comments

• daphneb10daphneb10 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Don't know about the deep conditioning. But for henna I suggest Aubrey Organics (www.aubrey-organics.com/). You can order it online. I insist on using (truly) natural color because of all the cancer in my family. I am very grey/white around the temples, and have tons of hair. Their medium brown is awesome. There's other stuff in it, like indigo, that makes the color stick better. It doesn't look dyed, there's variation in the color, but it doesn't look red either. Great stuff.
  • EllaElla Posts: 392Registered Users
    I haven't found anything that removes the henna from my hair, but I haven't used clay deep cond. masks. Actually, I've found that since using henna, my hair doesn't really need much in the way of conditioning anymore, I consider the henna a DT on its own :D I love BAQ henna, I've been using Jamila with great results. Good luck, and check out hennaforhair.com for some great tips!
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O'Rourke

There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. – Mark Twain
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Posts: 237Registered Users
    Hi Kd,
    I havent used deep treatment masks on my hair yet but, i've used Henna for coloring, unfortunately i wasn’t very successful since my hair is jet black with brown highlights. I noticed a little reddish change in color with the highlights but everything else black remained black.
    But at the same time henna has other conditioning benefits.. you can actually use it for a deep treatment. And I worry about this because it seems like over conditioning your hair can cause it to get weak and break. So it’s better to use them separately.

Hope that helps and good luck.
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    Thank you, everyone! :D

I'll post again when I decide what to do.
    YES WE CAN!

• kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    Well I decided that I am going to use the henna. I ordered it from one of the suppliers suggested at hennaforhair.com. I read pretty much all of the info. on the website, and what sold me is that the henna may relax the curl of my hair. For me (4a/b hair) that would be welcome! :lol:

I'll post my results in a couple of weeks.
    YES WE CAN!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file