CurlTalk

Protein Treatment: More in summer or winter?

Beautiful KarmaBeautiful Karma Posts: 21Registered Users
I know I should do protein treatments regularly about every 6 weeks. Sometimes I procrastinate and go a little longer. But is it more important in the summer or winter?

Comments

• KinkyRNKinkyRN Posts: 250Registered Users
    I would say balance. Especially with the sand sun sweat and water in the summer plus more frequent washing . I think that balance is the focus all the seasons.

Sent from my BLU using CurlTalk App
  • Beautiful KarmaBeautiful Karma Posts: 21Registered Users
    Thanks!
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    I know I should do protein treatments regularly about every 6 weeks. Sometimes I procrastinate and go a little longer. But is it more important in the summer or winter?

I dont think you have to do pts in certain amount of time. I think you should just do it when your hair seems to be asking for one. I did a pt once because I felt it was time and my hair became like straw because it didnt need it. Now Ive learned to keep my balance better I gave away my pts. I find ro's with protein are enough for my hair.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • auntcurlyauntcurly Posts: 234Registered Users
    What I learned this hot/humid NYC summer was that my hair LOVES/NEEDS protein. Also, as long as you follow a protein treatment with a good moisturizing conditioner you will have few problems. But you have to do both.

On the rec of a forum poster, I also occasionally do my protein treatment as a pre-poo, followed by a moisturizing shampoo and then moisturizing conditioner.

Can't say what will happen this winter. But my hair seems to love protein. My hair doesn't behave well without it.