We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Pics of my pre- and post-keratin hair

zalimzalim Posts: 52Registered Users
Ok ladies, when I was researching keratin treatments before I started this process, I could never find before and after pics on the Internet, except for ONE girl who posted here (bless her heart).

So... I am posting my pics for all those who haven't taken the plunge and are wondering what keratin does to your curls.

In one year, I used the original formaldehyde-based Global Keratin brand four times, and one treatment of original Brazilian Blowout.

I am not promoting formaldehyde in any way, and in fact, refuse to use these products again because the health risk is too great.

Picture #1 is me completely "au naturel." Pic #2 is my favourite (although many curlies will disagree). This look lasted only one month on me. Pic #3 and beyond show my current hair. I am 6 months post-keratin with approx 3 inches of curly regrowth. Remember that the base of my hair has been treated FIVE times so the curl pattern is quite different.

I am looking for a solution that will both treat my curly root problem AND be an effective long-term, safe solution for loosening curls and defrizzing hair.

Sorry the images are blurry. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file