We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Does Taylor swift have 2c or 3a hair in these picture?

jenfitzjenfitz Posts: 121Registered Users
184a2fa0-98cc-42f1.jpg I meant this picture.

Comments

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well obviously it was done with a curling iron but it looks 2c to me. Looks pretty.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users
    That stylist put her hair in 2c curls, but there's no way to tell her natural texture from this picture
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • BlackstarBlackstar Posts: 17Registered Users
    I think this is more 3A.
    Modified CG (Oct, 2012.)
    hair type: 2B/2C/, normal density, high porosity -.-
    shampoo: Faith in Nature - Aloe Vera shampoo
    condish
    : Faith in Nature - Aloe Vera conditioner
    leave in: Alverde Styling gel White Tea & Lemongrass
    oils
    : Burdock oil, Coconut oil
  • JessiiLeighhJessiiLeighh Posts: 195Registered Users
    This is definitely a wavy style. I would even dare to say it's a 2b/c mix (unnatural of course) 3a is much tighter and bouncier. Those aren't ringlets.
    :wav:
    3a, fine/med strand thickness, high density, low porosity
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Cleanser: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey or CJ Daily Fix
    RO Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
    Sealer: Pure Argan Oil
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think she has pretty 2c-ey waves. This is from looking at various pics.
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,061Registered Users
    I think we're having a hard-ish time typing her curls here because they aren't natural.

A lot of you are saying 2c but 2Cs have ringlets (which she doesn't). 3As generally have much more ringlets and are more springy; her hair doesn't look 3A either. Then 2b is an option but natural 2b hair doesn't look like that (the waves are too outward in the pic).

She what I mean? Her curls are coiffed so not really anything. I think she does have naturally curly or wavy hair though.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes she does. Look at her young pic.
  • davidkaltsasdavidkaltsas Posts: 119Registered Users
    chupie wrote: »
    Yes she does. Look at her young pic.

I searched about her. And I found that when she were really young (like 5 or 6) she had 3a curls. When she was 12 she had straight hair . And when she became a teen her hair curled again to 2b . And I ve watched one interview and she said that she use a curling iron to unfrizz her curls every morning. so this photo might be near to her real curl pattern
    Curl Pattern: 3a mixed with 3b
    Porosity:Low
    Density:Medium to High
    Width:Medium-Coarse
    Length:Medium

CG Method since 25/6/13

Want to reach terminal length !
  • ontheflyonthefly Posts: 17Registered Users
    2c imo.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    2B for sure, maybe with some 2C. Definitely not in the 3s.

Thing is, since Taylor's hair is so obviously heat styled in a lot of pictures, it's hard to know what her true curl type is. We're basically just discussing what curl pattern her hair has been styled into.

slide_338178_3443846_free.jpg

This picture looks more natural to me. So it seems like she has a wave and maybe even some great curls, but they're probably hidden beneath years of heat damage.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Posts: 403Registered Users
    I think her natural curl is definitely a 3A. I think it looks more whurly because of years of heat damage and not caring for it have definitely damaged it. I've seen young photos of her with beautiful 3A curls and even photos of her with her hair definitely 3A.

I can definitely say that when I was straightening my hair repeatedly back to forth that my hair was more like a 2B/C versus its natural texture. Her hair in those photos is definitely 2B/2C -- sometimes her wave/curls look so flat that they're even 2A in photos.

Even now, my hair is getting more and more 'solid' 3B. I think it's hard to tell with people's natural curls/whurls/waves because majority of people do some type of damage and or manipulation to achieve straight hair.

I wish she was more embracive to her natural beautiful hair!
    Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
    • Giovanni: Avocado and Olive Oil (RO), Tea Tree Sham & Con (CW/RO)
    • KC: KT, CC, CC
    • CR: CM, GR, AWB, Balm
    • CJ: DF, CIAB, SL, CR
    • CURLS: Souffle
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    In that pic it looks more like 2b to me, maybe 2c as some pieces sort of spiral. But I do see a fair amount of "s" shapes in there.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Posts: 403Registered Users
    Yeah, I agree as well! :) 2B with some 2C under-layers.
    Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
    • Giovanni: Avocado and Olive Oil (RO), Tea Tree Sham & Con (CW/RO)
    • KC: KT, CC, CC
    • CR: CM, GR, AWB, Balm
    • CJ: DF, CIAB, SL, CR
    • CURLS: Souffle
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO
  • annu100292annu100292 Posts: 2Registered Users
    its 2c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights