Confused Newbie

TaintedPaintTaintedPaint Registered Users Posts: 64
New to the forums but I have been going by CG since summer. I am just slightly frustrated because I cant get the frizz to stop and if I do get frizz to go away my hair is plastered to my head. I even got my hair cut from being to mid back to little past my shoulders and its still not wanting to curl. Its really gotten bad since winter has arrived.
I am a 3a with fine hair color treated hair to little past my shoulders, but lately its almost a 2b especially on top which I gather is standard for 3a hair. I use no poo, Tresseme Color Revitalizer, Samy Get Curls reenergizing potion. I usually comb my hair when I get out of the shower while its soaking wet because its so tangled on top, then I scrunch my hair,after that I use the Samy potion, and after that wait for my hair to dry. After using the redefiner my hair has curled a little bit better but is still very weighed down.
I tried the whole bending over and diffusing thing for volume but that didn't work too well my hair just gets really frizzy and I loose my definition. I was hoping maybe someone could recommend something besides a gel for definition I think maybe thats weighing down my hair. Maybe the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] I have seen mentioned a lot here on the forums? Should I try co-washing? I don't remember that in the book. My hair is so soft I dont want to destroy it with shampoo.
Sorry I wrote a novel here but I wanted to get provide an accurate picture of my situation. I appreciate any and all help.
Hair Type: 2b/3a, baby fine, porous
Current Routine: DevaCurl NoPoo DevaCurl One Conditioner

Comments

• SuZenSuZen Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    If you are not conditioner-washing now, I would give that a try since you say your hair seems weighed down. Many people use inexpensive, lightweight conditioners from Suave or V05 for this purpose.

That Samy gel has very little hold and does not enhance curl at all. I'd suggest trying the new Herbal Essences gels, either Totally Twisted for light hold, or Body Envy for stronger hold. The BE in particular is a decent curl enhancer and might make your curls more springy.
  • unique1193unique1193 Registered Users Posts: 328
    SuZen wrote:
    If you are not conditioner-washing now, I would give that a try since you say your hair seems weighed down. Many people use inexpensive, lightweight conditioners from Suave or V05 for this purpose.

That Samy gel has very little hold and does not enhance curl at all. I'd suggest trying the new Herbal Essences gels, either Totally Twisted for light hold, or Body Envy for stronger hold. The BE in particular is a decent curl enhancer and might make your curls more springy.

ditto @ everything, especially about the samy gel. The cone in it is water soluble, but it still reallyyyy pulls out my curl.

2c/3a
    Growing out hair to a little above bsl
    pw: ringlets
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    You might need a more moisturizing conditioner and a styler with more hold. It's the dry time of year and my hair is acting up today since it's dryer than normal.
    Watch for proteins in your products if you're sensitive to them. They will partially pull my curl out and make my hair feel dry sometimes.

If you use a gel with enough hold it should hold your curl even after you scrunch the crunch out and if it's humid you might get a tiny bit of frizz as the day goes on but you should be mostly frizz free.
    Also [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] by Curly Hair Solutions helps with frizz
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file