We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

I need someone to come teach me how to style my hair!

CurlsinDCCurlsinDC Posts: 136Registered Users
It looks awful. I've been CG for a few years and it was ok for awhile but it has gotten bad. The curls are stringy and undefined, and there is mucho frizz. Has anyone gotten a professional to come to their house to teach them how to deal with their hair? I try diffusing the curls and they look terrible so would love to have someone show me how to do it right. I really can't go to work with wet hair so letting it air dry is not really an option. And I would love to be able to blow-dry it straight every once in awhile but have never done it and have no clue how to. I'm in DC btw!
Indian girl with full head of very thick curls (3A, 3B and 3C)
CG Routine, protein sensitive

The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes.
-Frank Lloyd Wright

Comments

• jaclyn15jaclyn15 Posts: 227Registered Users
    I don't know about anyone coming to your home, but most Deva certified stylists are knowledgable about CG-styling routines. While they will likely promote Deva products, you may pick up some styling method tips.
    My hair: 3b, corkicelli, medium porosity, medium texture, medium/thick density

Co-wash: DevaCurl NoPoo
    Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Leave-in: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, or my rinse-out!
    Gel: SS FHG (my new HG!!)... I also like HESMU, AIF, CJ CQ, BRHG, CJ PP and the occasional LALSG

Dislikes: Glycerin

CG and loving it! :hello1:
  • swishtutswishtut Posts: 30Registered Users
    Even though ur protein sensitive you may need protein. It doesn't have to be heavy protein.
    I would wash my hair with shampoo, add a mild protein snd top it off with a moisturizing conditioner. Even cg wash their hair sometime. U can se a no sulfate. Your hair is over conditioned. Hath.
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users
    jaclyn15 wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone coming to your home, but most Deva certified stylists are knowledgable about CG-styling routines. While they will likely promote Deva products, you may pick up some styling method tips.

Yup. Also, check youtube for blow drying/diffusing/styling tips.
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file