We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Make up/skincare HGs share your"fountain of youth"secret products

long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
Do you have great skin and make up products/tips that keep
you looking way younger than you are? Please share :^)
Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
Finally grew out my bad layers!!!

Comments

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well I don't know if it's secret per se but I have oily acne prone skin that is sensitive. I got the Clarisonic some years back and I really believe it really has helped to improve how my skin looks. My skin looks brighter and looks and feels a heck of a lot softer than it ever did and I was younger when I got it..LOL!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
    Thanks that sounds like it is worth checking out :^)
    How much do they cost?
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got mine on QVC at www.qvc.com . They seem to range from about the low 100's to upper 200's depending on what kind you get. On QVC they have installment payments so you don't have to pay it all at one time...but you get your product immediately.

I got the Clarisonic PLUS For The Face And Body. I love it and while I don't like to spend a lot of money on anything for myself..if mine breaks I will replace it immediately because it's just that worth it to me.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • CurlyJuliaCurlyJulia Posts: 38Registered Users
    My HG product is Mesocopper spray. (Just google it).
    :wav:
    It is absolutely amazing. I am 54 years old, and have yet to find anyone who thinks I'm over 42-45 or so... and I just started using it in the past year.
    The nanoparticles of Copper evidently spur the formation of collagen. I do three quick sprays on my face and one on my chest 2x/day... I can really tell when I forget to do it.

I also like Olay total effects 'mature skin therapy', as I'm post-menopausal, YMMV. But I think the Mesocopper is a HUGE find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dye free since 8/2/12
    CG since 6/29/12
    Type: 2c/3a, medium, thick
    Cowash: Suave TC Conditioner
    Poo: SM Coconut-Hibiscus Shampoo
    Curl Enhancment: CJCCCC!!,
    Gels: HETT, BRHG, EcoStyler
    Mousse: Deva Frizz-free Volumizing Foam
    PT: IA Girl's Gelatin PT

Experimenting with VO5 Kiwi-Lime for Condish styling, as well as looking for an affordable substitute for Deva FFVF.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    clarisonic
    peels
    retinoids
    omega 3 and other supplements
    lots of water
    vigorous exercise and yoga
    good quality sleep

** sunscreen ** especially when using retinoids and peels. thanks for the reminder rcc
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    High ppd sunscreen.

Siri types my posts for me.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    fun thread! well im only 19 but i do do alot to keep myself looking good, i get alot of acne, well used to now its better but still do get it. so i guess whats really helped me, i couldnt live with out, would be argan oil. im in love with it, use it from head to toe.
    i would want to have to stop doing anything i do do, but if i had to choose one thing, that would be the argan. ive just started using rose water though, and i really really love that as well.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • mimismommimismom Posts: 202Registered Users
    Kiehls cleanser and facial moisturizer
    Cocoa butter
    Bobbi Brown concealer
    7-8 hours of sleep every night
    Lots of water
    Exercise

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using CurlTalk App
    some other things that keep you young....
    - love
    - physical touch
    - sex
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users
    CurlyJulia wrote: »
    It is absolutely amazing. I am 54 years old, and have yet to find anyone who thinks I'm over 42-45 or so... and I just started using it in the past year.
    The nanoparticles of Copper evidently spur the formation of collagen. I do three quick sprays on my face and one on my chest 2x/day... I can really tell when I forget to do it.

I also like Olay total effects 'mature skin therapy', as I'm post-menopausal, YMMV. But I think the Mesocopper is a HUGE find.

I did google it and bought it. I have been using it a week now. After 3 days my friend told me my skin looked beautiful and I hadn't even mentioned it to her. I had already been thinking my skin looked pretty good. So a big THANK YOU.

I do have one caveat though, generally things I start out liking end up disappointing me. But for the price and the results so far I am very happy.
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been loving colloidal copper skincare-soap, spray and cream from Mountain Well-Being, and for body and face Health Wyze Copper Lotion. I also love Magnesium Oil(not really oil)and Gel all over face and body-virtually replaced all retin-a and bp for acne and aging, and I don't need any other moisture on my body, which is amazing. I've always had to slather butters, creams and lotions on my dry skin, but I guess I was just missing minerals. I also am taking colloidal minerals/fulvic acid internally daily. Mag gel is great on hair for light hold, fullness and shine, too, and the oil works wonderfully as a natural deodorant! I have been using the solid crystal deo so I have no major adjustments there :)
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Retin-A
    DMAE
    Exfoliating with my ultrasonic Skin Spatula
  • earthnutearthnut Posts: 226Registered Users
    NOT using soap. Not stressing my skin out with soaps and medicines is the best thing for my skin and acne. Most days I just rinse and wipe dry with a washcloth. The washcloth provides mild exfoliation.

When I break out, I rinse with a 25% vinegar solution. This has a similar pH as store bought hydroxy gels and gently exfoliates.

If my skin is dry, I cover it with olive oil (any noncomedogenic oil will do), saturate a washcloth with hot water, hold the washcloth against my face until it cools, than wipe away the oil. The heat allows the oil to penetrate and moisturize my skin, and the washcloth wipes away the excess. This is my variation of the "oil cleansing method" and works similarly to cold creams.

And more than any product,
    Exercise!!!
    Sleep!!
    Loving life!
    :)

---
    2cMii, porous, good elasticity, APL, dark brown with a silver lining.
    Love coconut oil, olive oil, and Everyday Shea!
    HGs are simple, natural, and destroy frizzzz!!
    Wow thanks everyone!
    Luvmylocs what kind of peel do you do?
    has anyone else tried the mecoscopper spray?It sounds great
    can you get it in stores or only online?
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    Retin-A
    DMAE
    Exfoliating with my ultrasonic Skin Spatula

Re: the Skin Spatula. Looks very interesting. Please share details of your success with it. :) Is it sort of similar to the Clarisonic? I see it doesn't use a brush. ...

My fav fountain of youth products would be:
    - The only facial sunscreen I can stand under makeup on my oily/combination skin, DHC White sunscreen. It does double duty as a primer for me.
    - Retinoids. Work like nothing else to refine my skin and keep my pores clean. I have sensitive skin, so I started "training" with retinol, then graduated to Retin A.
    - Hair color, lol. I know a lot of people who look great with gray/silver/white hair, or salt-and-pepper. However, I'm not one of them. I get my color done at a salon. It's a mixture of two red-blond shades that's a great match to my natural color.

ETA: I realize the OP asked for only MU and skincare suggestions, but I consider color to be MU for my hair, ha ha! But seriously, I think I'd look much older without coloring.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Bump, the weather is changing and I need to find a good moisturizer. Anymore recommends?
    2b/3a.
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the tips about mesocopper and magnesium oil! Both on my list to try.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
    alacurl wrote: »
    - Hair color, lol. I know a lot of people who look great with gray/silver/white hair, or salt-and-pepper. However, I'm not one of them. I get my color done at a salon. It's a mixture of two red-blond shades that's a great match to my natural color.

ETA: I realize the OP asked for only MU and skincare suggestions, but I consider color to be MU for my hair, ha ha! But seriously, I think I'd look much older without coloring.

Definitely! Hair coloring is the biggest reason why people think more older women look younger these days than they have in the past. We're still the same 40/50/60/70 year olds we've always been, but we have such great hair color products now. It's a very good era to be an older woman.
    Luvmylocs what kind of peel do you do?

sorry i hadn't been in this thread in awhile. i use the peels by makeupartistchoice.com. i love them. they always have sales. look around there and see which seems best for your skin.
  • CurlyJuliaCurlyJulia Posts: 38Registered Users
    ShrekLover wrote: »

I did google it and bought it. I have been using it a week now. After 3 days my friend told me my skin looked beautiful and I hadn't even mentioned it to her. I had already been thinking my skin looked pretty good. So a big THANK YOU.

I do have one caveat though, generally things I start out liking end up disappointing me. But for the price and the results so far I am very happy.
    Are you still loving the MesoCopper?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dye free since 8/2/12
    CG since 6/29/12
    Type: 2c/3a, medium, thick
    Cowash: Suave TC Conditioner
    Poo: SM Coconut-Hibiscus Shampoo
    Curl Enhancment: CJCCCC!!,
    Gels: HETT, BRHG, EcoStyler
    Mousse: Deva Frizz-free Volumizing Foam
    PT: IA Girl's Gelatin PT

Experimenting with VO5 Kiwi-Lime for Condish styling, as well as looking for an affordable substitute for Deva FFVF.
  • LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users
    You guys are gonna think I'm wacky.

I exfoliate my face every day with a green ScotchBrite scrubbie and Pond's cold cream. Then I moisturize with Johnson's Baby Oil.

Here's me without makeup. I'm 35 going on 12.

ETA: Just a fun fact to further prove this works - I also smoked for 20 years! Quit 4 years ago.
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
    Anyone else try the mecoscopper or still loving it?
  • EtTu2EtTu2 Posts: 69Registered Users
    Facial sponge
    Grapeseed oil
    Vitamin c- made a huuuuge difference in my skin.
    A lot of water
    Good sleep

Im only 23 but have been through my share of skin problems but now my skin is as perfect as it could be.

I have skin that is prone to be oily and was told that I should not exfolia. My skin was dull, I had bad acne and I had pretty big pores. I now exfoliate 2 times a week and my skin is clear, pores are smaller and my skin glows. I am not nearly as oily as I once was.
  • danyel02danyel02 Posts: 156Registered Users
    I'm only 25 years old but I am committed to youthful healthy skin for life. I suffer from hyper-pigmentation on my neck from acne in my teens so my HG's involve skin lightening products. I avoid hydroquinone at all costs because it causing skin sensitivity and can result in darkening of skin over time.

Cleansers - Reluma Cleanser and/or Skin Appetit Detoxifying Nutri-Cleanser
    Serum - Skin Organics - Super Berry Orac 6000 Antioxidant Serum
    Cream - Anything by Akin
    Juice Beauty Apple Peel
    Sunscreen daily
    ARCONA Lightening Drops
    Type: 4a Fine Texture
    CG since 2008 - Life long natural
    Holy Grails
    Cleanser: Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    Leave-ins: Camille Rose Moisture Milk & Almond Jai
    D/T: Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Treatment
    Protein: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    Butters: Qhemet Amla & Olive, Bask Condensed Custard
    Oils: Coconut & Grapeseed
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    Sunscreen! Every single day of the year.
  • poemaXXpoemaXX Posts: 456Registered Users
    ShrekLover wrote: »

Are you still loving the MesoCopper?
    Anyone else try the mecoscopper or still loving it?

I'm curious about the mesocopper spray too. Any updates, ladies?

I just bought some magnesium oil to try – as a general wellness thing. Been reading up on magnesium deficiency... Sigh.
    || 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
    Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
    Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

• reegsreegs Posts: 50Registered Users
    Johnson's baby wipes are my HG. I use them to remove my make-up at the end of the day.
    3B, Fine texture, normal or low porosity (I'm not sure)

Co-Wash - Say Yes to Cucumbers
    Conditioner - Tresemme Naturals
    DT - Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturising Conditioner
    Products - Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets Styling Potion, Jessicurl Confident Coils Styling Solution

Others I've used in the past:
    Conditioner - DeLorenzo Rejuven8 Condtioner
    Products - Sunsilk Curl Booster, Joico Joilotion, Garnier Fructis Styling Gel Endurance 24h
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,677Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm intrigued by the MesoCopper spray also. I'm skittish about spraying anything directly onto my face, so I would have to spray onto my palms and then apply to my face. I wonder if that would impact how well it works. I'm still skeptical about it, so I'm trying to read more reviews about it before I buy.

Would love to hear more from my fellow curlies who tried it!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • LotusthreadsLotusthreads Posts: 27Registered Users
    Sunscreen ever time I go out
    Rose hip oil
    Hair type: 2c/3a, fine, med density, med-high porosity
    Co-wash: tresemme naturals
    RO: garnier fructis nutri-repair nourishing, matrix cb, ytc
    LI: sukin, matrix cb, kckt
    Sealer: argan oil, coconut oil
    Gel: garnier fructis endurance 24 hr, kccc
    Dt: matrix cb, alchemy masque
    Pt: gelatin, joico Kpak
    Spiralli wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by the MesoCopper spray also. I'm skittish about spraying anything directly onto my face, so I would have to spray onto my palms and then apply to my face. I wonder if that would impact how well it works. I'm still skeptical about it, so I'm trying to read more reviews about it before I buy.

Would love to hear more from my fellow curlies who tried it!

I tried the mesocopper spray...I don't think it does anything. I'm a fan of copper peptide products in general. I have psoriasis, and I have experienced very nice results on some of my lesions by applying copper serums, because copper has some anti-inflammatory properties. I thought I'd try one of these copper water products, thinking it would be easier to apply more often than my usual serum, less messy, etc. I just don't think there's enough copper in it to do anything. I'll stick to my Pickart Super CP Serum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file