Birth story #3

2»

Comments

• Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Just a midwife.

I started out with a midwife practice that was "supervised" by OBs, but quickly became dissatisfied with them as it was just like the OB care that I didn't want.

I've since switched to a midwife-only practice that has their own non-hospital birth center. It is so much better.

ETA: I only know about the hospital/placenta thing through talking about it at a birth class where the other couples there were planning to deliver at a hospital with an OB.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    great! thanks. i don't need any of this now but filing it away for later ;)
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    congratulations on baby carmen!! i've been around here for all your births so i'm happy you had a girl. what a wonderful addition to your family! thanks for sharing your story.

i don't know much about placenta, eating it or any of that. is there a link you could share? i'd like to read up on that. i suppose the only way you could get it is if you use a midwife. i'm sure the hospitals won't give you your placenta for consuming later.

Here you go:
    Placenta Encapsulation - Benefits of Eating Your Placenta

I also can't say enough about midwife care and homebirth for that matter. you have so much more control over what happens to you and your baby.

Another example that would be pretty much impossible without homebirth.

Several years ago in Texas, our crapass governor took the info from newborn screenings without consent for indefinite research by unknown entities. A lawsuit was then filed. In order for our boys names to be taken off of that list we have to OPT-IN.

Texas officials agree to destroy babies’ blood samples after settling lawsuit

Needless to say, the state has lost my trust even with the supposed destroyed files.

This time around, we ordered a newborn screening from a private company and we're not doing it through the state. If I had given birth in a hospital, this wouldn't even be a option.

Not to mention the money hospitals make selling placenta to pharmaceutical companies. Nobody is making money off my babies without my permission.
    hello.world.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats in your beautiful baby girl !
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    webjockey wrote: »
    Here you go:
    Placenta Encapsulation - Benefits of Eating Your Placenta

I also can't say enough about midwife care and homebirth for that matter. you have so much more control over what happens to you and your baby.

Another example that would be pretty much impossible without homebirth.

Several years ago in Texas, our crapass governor took the info from newborn screenings without consent for indefinite research by unknown entities. A lawsuit was then filed. In order for our boys names to be taken off of that list we have to OPT-IN.

Texas officials agree to destroy babies’ blood samples after settling lawsuit

Needless to say, the state has lost my trust even with the supposed destroyed files.

This time around, we ordered a newborn screening from a private company and we're not doing it through the state. If I had given birth in a hospital, this wouldn't even be a option.

Not to mention the money hospitals make selling placenta to pharmaceutical companies. Nobody is making money off my babies without my permission.

What is the blood test, webjockey? Is that the heel stick one.. PKU, I think it is?
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    Yup. The heel prick.

Sent from my HTC Vision using CurlTalk App
    hello.world.
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    Congrats Webby! She is beautiful.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Congratulations on your sweet little GIRL! You and DarkAngel give me hope that I too can have one some time after two boys! Glad it was a good birth, and I wish you a speedy recovery. I love her name too.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file