Topical solution

GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
So I have this psoriasis patch that I wanna get rid of...and I was gonna get some of that topical stuff to apply to it...it kills fungus and stuff...so I was thinking...if mn promotes growth by killing bacteria..would stuff like the topical treatment do the same thing? Im thinking of applying that all over.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.

Comments

• LilyaLilya Posts: 47Registered Users
    Hi there. No answers? Aw. Well, I'll tell you what I know. I have never had any scalp issues (other than sunburn 'cause I'm redheaded), but I do have experience with MN. Sorry if some of this overlaps with what you already know.

Monistat is one of many antifungals to get rid of yeast, which is a fungus. It can grow on the vagina, but it can also spread to other parts of the body. It really burns down there, but not on the scalp. I have just started experimenting with one diluted antifungal it for faster hair growth. I did start getting headaches, which caught me by surprise. (Could it be from just spritzing cold liquid on the scalp, or is it the actual cream?) Anyway, people have had luck clearing dandruff up. I am not sure what you mean by "topical solution", as MN can be applied topically (tee hee, it'd be bad idea to consume it :laughing6:).

However, I've heard medicated shampoos work well for mild cases of psoriasis on the scalp. Have you looked into that?
    Dense but fine and delicate 3a hair. Feels like a dandelion without product. Difficulties in getting less puff and more definition when short.

On a mission to grow out after my big chop! :cat:
  • GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    Thanks for the response.
    I know about mn...I've been using that. I just wondered if stuff like Scalpacin...or those other dropper bottles of liquid to clear up scalp issues...if they would then work the same way mn does...in promoting hair growth too? I mean if they help the health of the scalp...then it would make sense. That they'd help hair growth too...right?

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • bleuyteuybleuyteuy Posts: 273Registered Users
    Well you could try some of the stuff by Glovers but that stuff smells so very bad. If not id try something with sulfur like maybe sulfur 8. I personally have seborhic demratitis and I had a really bad break out on my neck near my hair line and into my hair also on my temples and thoughout the rest of my scalp.
    I know that tar shampoo used to work. Maybe I will get some sulphur 8

• bleuyteuybleuyteuy Posts: 273Registered Users
    I used the glovers oil on my scalp over night and today most of it is cleared up.
  • LilyaLilya Posts: 47Registered Users
    Thanks for the response.
    I know about mn...I've been using that. I just wondered if stuff like Scalpacin...or those other dropper bottles of liquid to clear up scalp issues...if they would then work the same way mn does...in promoting hair growth too? I mean if they help the health of the scalp...then it would make sense. That they'd help hair growth too...right?

Oh, now I know whatcha mean! Lol, sorry. In theory, I think that's right. People have been using herbs to grow their hair faster for centuries, and they have lots of antifungal properties.
    Dense but fine and delicate 3a hair. Feels like a dandelion without product. Difficulties in getting less puff and more definition when short.

On a mission to grow out after my big chop! :cat:
    I just picked some knock off Scalpacin from cvs...salicylic acid and tea tree oil. So I'm hoping not only will it help with my psoriasis patch but also with growth

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file