My 100 day folic acid challenge

Libra_MoonLibra_Moon Posts: 255Registered Users
Will be over in about 12 days, but actually is over but I was sick and missed a few days. Anyways I was taking biotin too (I've taken biotin many times before) I am not really noticing a difference in my hair length as I usually measure straight, but my nails have been growing like crazy
Has anyone else tried folic acid for hair growth? How long did you take them? And what kind of results did you achieve?

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App with accidental obvious autocorrect errors throughout.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Growing out Pixie since 5-10-2008 with some trims and anxiety chops along the way...
hair details: BSL(c)/MBL(s) - 2b/2c (MPD if truth be told) - f/m, iii, porosity med-low.
Please feel free to follow my FB blog page as I go through Cosmetology school abd beyond
what else do you need/want to know? Blame all spelling mistakes on me, my fat fingers or autocorrect.
oh yeah, and I'm newly gluten free...thanks to celiac

Comments

• jesisi67jesisi67 Posts: 35Registered Users
    Interested in this...

Why folic acid?? I've never heard of this for hair growth, the supplement that usually get touted for growth is biotin. Tell me more...

Also what are the safe limits for taking folic acid? if there are any. I know it is a beneficial and often lacked nutrient.
    3b/3a/2c, Fine Texture, medium Density
    low/normal porosity, normal elasticity
    CG since 8/1/10!
    CU: DC No Poo Cleanser, One Condition, ArcAngel, Set it Free
    DT: Heaven in Hair (almost out), Nexxus Emergencee twice a month
    Blog: DirtCheapBeauty
  • Libra_MoonLibra_Moon Posts: 255Registered Users
    Its one of the main ingredients in prenatal vitamins that make hair grow. And taking FA and biotin seperatly allows for a higher dosage.

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App with accidental obvious autocorrect errors throughout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing out Pixie since 5-10-2008 with some trims and anxiety chops along the way...
    hair details: BSL(c)/MBL(s) - 2b/2c (MPD if truth be told) - f/m, iii, porosity med-low.
    Please feel free to follow my FB blog page as I go through Cosmetology school abd beyond
    what else do you need/want to know? Blame all spelling mistakes on me, my fat fingers or autocorrect.
    oh yeah, and I'm newly gluten free...thanks to celiac
  • Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 17Registered Users
    The vitamins I take have folic acid in them alongside biotin, vitamins a,c,d,e,b1 and b2,b6,b12. I take them 3 times a day, usually with meals otherwise I sometimes break out due to the zinc in them. And I have seen quite a bit of growth with my hair. I started off just at shoulder length, above apl, and now my hair is almost bsl, and I have taken these for 3 months and typically my hair and nails grows very slow.
  • organiclocorganicloc Posts: 38Registered Users
    I heard follicure vitamins from sally's beauty supply store works very well.

Sent from my PD_Novel using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file