clairol loving care - does it really cover grey?

sweetpeacurlisweetpeacurli Posts: 343Registered Users
i'm trying to grow out my color, but would love to cover my greys for special occasions once in a while. if loving care does what it claims to, it'd cover my greys for a week or so and then wash out, and i wouldn't have any roots. has anyone used it for this? did it really cover the grey?
Sulfate and Silicone-free since 2005
CO-wash convert since October 2010
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Twitter: @sweetpeacurli

Currently loving:
  • Vo5 tea therapy conditioners
  • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
  • Giovanni Direct leave-in
  • Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
I am now completely out of the closet as the craziest of crazy cat ladies. I own it. I embrace it. I am one with the crazy.

Comments

• HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    I never used it myself but know people who did and it works, except, as you say the drawback is that it washes away fairly soon.

I believe Clairol is discontinuing the original LC. If you go to their website and click on Loving Care you get a suggestion to use "Natural Instincts" so although it can still be found in some stores (I've seen it disappear from a few...) I think they are aiming at totally doing away with it, at least here in the States, so enjoy it while you can.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    MY MIL has used this and I have heard her complain it's almost a waste of time becuase of how easily it washes out.

She is a short-haired straighty, though. So I don't suppose her hair would be as porous as a long-haired curly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file