Kidling Update (for the old timers)

PhDCowPhDCow Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Curl Connoisseur
Miss Emma turns 10 (yes, TEN) in August and she starts 5th grade in the middle school this fall. She amazingly intelligent and compassionate. She was diagnosed with Asperger's Disorder last July and it's been a bumpy road, but we work with a wonderful therapist. She also started playing the violin this year and is going to continue to play in the middle school orchestra. She's musically-inclined, even though she can't carry a tune to save her life. ;)

581134_10150958456677593_1949011428_n.jpg

Colin is a very active, very inquisitive 8 year-old. He never takes life too seriously. He's getting really good at soccer and wants to continue. He starts 3rd grade in the fall. He's also special needs and we have many supports in place. He's got such a sensitive soul and is already a lady killer.

255445_10150958456612593_2013340528_n.jpg

Life is full and crazy and unpredictable, but the good times definitely soften the blow of the rough times. :)
God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

Comments

• CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    Wow, they look so grown up!
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    Gracious, they're so big! :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • SpiderSpider Registered Users Posts: 3,381 Curl Neophyte
    They are still adorable !!
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
    Wow when did that happen!!? ;)

They look great!
  • PhDCowPhDCow Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Curl Connoisseur
    I have no idea how this happened so quickly. I really don't. It's a little odd to have normal conversation with my children about current events or things they've read.They're actually people now. Who knew!?
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• DelmaDelma Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Oh my goodness they sure have grown, they are such gorgeous children. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file