CurlTalk

Quick question about reusing plastics

internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
I have some heavy duty plastic forks and spoons left over from my niece's birthday party. I ran them through the dishwasher to clean them, and am wondering if they would be safe to reuse. I believe you can't reuse plastic bags, is it the same for plastic silverware? I don't want to save them if they will harbor bacteria. I just don't like the idea of throwing them away if I don't have to.

Comments

• MaudieMaudie Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't see a problem with reusing them, especially since you ran them through the dishwasher.
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I re-use the heavy ones. I know lots of people who do. None of us have died yet.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    I reuse them often. I don't think you should have a problem.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    My son has those heavy duty plastic utencils that are in animal shapes and stuff, and I ran them through the dishwasher all the time...he seems to be fine.
    :rambo:
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I have some heavy duty plastic forks and spoons left over from my niece's birthday party. I ran them through the dishwasher to clean them, and am wondering if they would be safe to reuse. I believe you can't reuse plastic bags, is it the same for plastic silverware? I don't want to save them if they will harbor bacteria. I just don't like the idea of throwing them away if I don't have to.

Throw them away and just take some from your local fast-food joint. :D

Just kidding!
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    Throw them away and just take some from your local fast-food joint. :D
    Just kidding!

giggles.gif

Yup, I'd reuse
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    My son has those heavy duty plastic utencils that are in animal shapes and stuff, and I ran them through the dishwasher all the time...he seems to be fine.

I have the animal ones too! The kids love them :D
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Please. My dad's side of the family has been using the same plasticware for our Thanksgiving family reunion since the '70s. I kid you not. My Aunt Myrtle demands that we NOT throw it away; we put it in the sink and she washes it, and WALLAH! There it is again next year.

My cousins and I call it "the family plastic" and we just can't wait to see who inherits it... :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*