We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Chunky texture?

brambram Posts: 1Registered Users
First of all hello! I'm new. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot so forgive me until I figure things out please :)
I have in the past month decided to wear my hair naturally and stop using hot irons every day to try and tame my wild hair.
Occasionally my hair has the worst texture the curls seem to just clump together and become this mass of hair on my head instead of a bunch of curls. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about, does this happen to anyone else?
I don't use shampoo I'm currently using baking soda (no poo) and I air dey my hair and the only product I'm using is leave in conditioner on days that it seems to need it.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's possible that your hair is reacting to the baking soda. My hair hates it. Makes it feel like straw. Seems like you could use more moisture in your regime. Can't imagine just using baking soda and leave in "when it seems to need it."
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file