An update on us...

bouncebounce Registered Users Posts: 297
Not that you guys are sitting here anxiously waiting for our baby plans, but I thought I'd provide an update nonetheless.

Once upon a time, we had a great life of fun and friends and all kinds of wonderful things going on in our lives. Then we made a decision to TTC, and then our lives fully started to suck. And here we are, 6 months later, still sucking. Even though yes, I know every pregnancy is different, I also know that I have a very sensitive stomach, and I know what is ahead for me.

And with the recent news of learning there is either a) tissue left in my body and/or b) hormones are crazy, I just don't feel comfortable jumping back in even though the doc says we can.

Therefore, before we jump into another sucky situation as we wrap up the current sucky situation, we're taking a break - a long break. I have some fun things coming up, like a 30th b-day in May. And if I'm going to wait until May, might as well wait a little longer and have some fun in the summer with our friends. Basically we want to get back into "our life is happy" mode first. It seems like the right thing to do as far as our, but mostly mine, mental health goes.

So I never in a million years thought that I would want to wait, but now I do. So we're going to wait another 6 months or so. Sigh. It's good though.

Thanks for all the thoughts. We can really breathe MUCH easier now. It feels right.

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    (((hugs)))
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    Sounds like you're on the right track. Thank you for the update, I do think of you and wonder how things are.

((hugs))
    :rambo:
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    Bounce, I hope that the break and your birthday and the summer are happy and restful and healing for you and your husband and everything with your body gets back on track soon. Congrats on a thoughtful decision.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    Thanks so much for checking in. And FWIW, I think you guys made an excellent decision. All these plans you have will go a long way at healing your soul.
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Registered Users Posts: 363
    medussa wrote:
    Thanks so much for checking in. And FWIW, I think you guys made an excellent decision. All these plans you have will go a long way at healing your soul.

I completely agree.

Hubby and I had to wait several years before we could start TTC, and I do not regret it one bit. We ended up much closer and happier when we finally did get pregnant.

Good for you for being so responsible and taking care of yourself, and have a blast this summer!!
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    hugs.

It sounds like a good decision.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • marielle448marielle448 Registered Users Posts: 1,823
    enjoy your birthday and the summer ahead. Sounds like a good plan and thank you for sharing your update.
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    You can only do what is right for you and your husband. I'm glad you checked in.

Out of curiousity - when is your birthday? The reason I ask is I turn 30 in May too - on May 9th.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Registered Users Posts: 7,223 Curl Novice
    That sounds like a good plan. Thank you for the update. Enjoy your "we" time.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • SpiderSpider Registered Users Posts: 3,381 Curl Neophyte
    Glad to hear from you Bounce. With getting back to "you" and just relaxing, that will go a long way to healing. Only you will know when you're ready- don't try to set a specific timeline for it.

Hugs Sweetie!
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh bounce, seems like you guys have made a great decision! Lots of hugs, and enjoy this time....it'll be no time before you have a little one that'll be taking over everything :D
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • DayzieDayzie Registered Users Posts: 233
    Sounds like a great plan Bounce. Hope you enjoy your fun/relaxing/healing time.
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

"There is so much good in the worst of us and so much bad in the best of us, it hardly behooves any of us to talk about the rest of us."
  • puffinpuffin Registered Users Posts: 205
    Bounce, I wanted to say how sorry I was in your original thread, but every time I tried to write something, it sounded so trivial. Glad to hear of your recovery time and new plan. As someone with an 8-month old, I look back fondly on our "carefree" days. Enjoy this time while you can, because although children are the most precious miracles in the world, your life will never be the same!!
  • j'adorej'adore Registered Users Posts: 1,966 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the update, Bounce. :D Take Care.
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    Only you can make the best decision for you. I hope you find peace and happiness in the upcoming months.
    (((HUGS)))

• CsaracCsarac Registered Users Posts: 861 Curl Connoisseur
    Bounce,

Thanks for the update. Good for you for making that very smart decision.

I wish you both nothing but good luck, health and happiness with all your future plans.

Enjoy your birthday and your summer...

Christine
    HG: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (always and forever)
    Cantu Naturals s & c (shampoo 1x a week), use conditioner as a co-wash every day and LI under my gel.

Air dry then diffuse canapy layers only for volume
    Coconut oil before/after coloring grays and on ends.

2b/c mix waves/curls - coarse, frizz prone, med. thick, porous, at-home color, protein sensitive but I still need it sometimes, glycerin-sensitive (I think) in high humidity. After 16 years on NC.com I FINALLY figured it out..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file