Robert Craig Color

SpringySpiralsSpringySpirals Posts: 15Registered Users
For those of you that have used his color, how does your hair feel afterwards? I'm thinking of using it to try and go back to my natural, but I don't want to damage my hair. Thanks!
Hair type is 3a. The best DT I have ever used is the Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator!
Fotki password: springy

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My hair always feels fine-- healthy and shiny! I've used it for about 10 yrs and my hair is in great shape. :D

Be sure to choose a color about 2-3 shades lighter than your natural color, as your hair will be porous from processing and the color will grab darker. And be sure to strand test. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    I just saw your other thread. Please see that one for more info.
  • SpringySpiralsSpringySpirals Posts: 15Registered Users
    Thanks CurliLocks for your response. I have gotten highlights for a long time - to the point where it looks like allover color. So, what I'm wanting to do is make it look more golden blonde instead of washed out light blonde. I saw on the RC site where he had a color regime of coloring allover with #19 and then pulling strands through a cap and coloring them with #18. I wonder if this would work for me or if I should just use either #19 or #18 and maybe mix with clear? Are you famliar with either of these shades? I don't want it to come out red or orange. :shock: Thanks!
    Hair type is 3a. The best DT I have ever used is the Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair always feels great after an RC
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Thanks for the responses. I went on ahead today and placed an order. I decided to try and tone down the warmth in my hair, so I ordered the Light Ash Blonde and the Clear. I don't want to come out too dark, so I thought mixing with Clear would help. Has anyone tried the Light Ash Blonde? I can't wait for it to get here! :D
    I haven't tried the blondes, but it sounds like it will work. And it's always easier to go darker than lighter, so I think you chose well. If it's too light, just go over it without the clear.

Keep us posted when you color, and good luck! :)
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i use golden blonde #18-my hair is a medium brown, feels great after RC color. this time is weird tho bc i am getting roots after 3 wks--usually it is at least 4-5wks before anything shows--odd...
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
    I tried the Robert Craig color in Light Ash Blonde, Golden Beige Blonde, and the Clear. I'm sorry to say that my results were not very good. The color came out way too dark even mixed with Clear. I tried several different combinations and none gave me what I wanted. I ended up with brown/red/ashy hair. Yuck! So, I went to Sally's and got some ColorFix and oh, my goodness, what a godsend. I was scared to death to try it, but it really worked at removing the color and was very gentle on my hair. Then I recolored with Clairol Complements Demi-color in 8G and it gave me a very natural medium golden blonde. It was very easy on my hair and my hair is still in good condition even with all the "experimenting". Thanks to those who gave me advice on the RC color. Too bad it didn't work for me. I had been wanting to try it for a while, so at least I got that out of my system. :)
    Sorry it didn't work for you. How long did you leave it on? If your hair was porous it may have only needed 10 min or so. That's where the strand testing helps. :)

I'm glad the ColorFix worked. RC also recommends it. Be sure to treat your hair gently; the damage doesn't always show right away, sometimes it takes a while then it gets all dried out later. :? Happened to me when they bleached blonde highlights at the salon and followed with ammonia/peroxide color. :shock: Didn't look bad for a little while, then I ended up with fried hair after a few weeks. Not good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file