The baby made me eat it.

fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
I should be glad I have my appetite back, I guess!

I can't get enough spicy food these days. Tacos on Friday and Saturday, spicy chicken bagel sandwich Friday and Monday. I went out and bought the ingredients for chilli over the weekend. I usually have pretty low tolerance for this stuff, but I'm just drawn to it right now. Also, dairy is a big craving for me right now. I'm chugging milk and scarfing cheese any chance I get. Cereal is my favorite dessert these days.

What is your baby making you eat?
Hair type: 3A/B
I lurk, therefore, I am.
My Blog

Comments

• HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Registered Users Posts: 363
    I haven't been craving a lot of food lately, but MAN can I crave some drink!! My current faves are ridicuously cold bottled water, Cranapple juice, and Diet Cherry Limeaid.

Oh, the one thing I want all of the time to eat is a sandwich with deli mustard from a place that is about 45 minutes from here. Needless to say, I don't get it very often, but I could eat one every day.
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I couldn't tolerate anything spicy, but at the end I went nuts for milk. Could not get enough - and I've never been a milk person.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    it was potatoes for a long time - particularly tater tots. And spicy foods. Now food is a scary adventure. I'm going to Santa Fe and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it.
    3rd trimester heartburn & acid reflux

• three rivers curlythree rivers curly Registered Users Posts: 994
    1st trimester - jalepeno poppers
    2nd trimester - anything with roast beef
    3rd trimester - peach pie or chocolate chip cookies

I am usually a freakishly healthy eater - but man alive that baby liked some crazy things!
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Registered Users Posts: 363
    CGNYC wrote:
    I couldn't tolerate anything spicy, but at the end I went nuts for milk. Could not get enough - and I've never been a milk person.

You know, I went for about a month during the second trimester where I was craving milk, and I'm not a big milk drinker, either. Except I had to have mine with ice. :?:
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    Tonight, my cravings combine: Homemade mac & cheese made with a Mexican Cheese blend and topped with tomatoes. :drool:

First trimester, I couldn't look at dairy. I was a fruit eating fiend, when I wasn't sick. I ate an entire box of clementines with no help from hubby. (Not all at once.) Now, I will have to stop myself from washing down my cheesy dinner with a glass of milk tonight.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Registered Users Posts: 637
    My 1st & 2nd trimesters I CRAVED buffalo sauce. I would literally salivate thinking about it!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    Xander made me eat lots and lots of wasabi.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Registered Users Posts: 652
    owen made me eat sour candy and mashed potatoes (not together) in the beginning.
    then it was extra gardinare hot peppers on portillos italian beef and i loved loved loved sushi with lots of wasabi.
    at the end it was anything ice cold. ice cream, ice, fountain drinks with lots of ice, and milk. TONS of milk. milk straight from the carton in the fridge at 3am, and milk with lots of ice (followed by ice that had been in milk).

:roll: :lol:
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
  • marielle448marielle448 Registered Users Posts: 1,823
    I'm a meat eater but during both pregnancies I craved red meat like a madwoman. Knowing how my hematocrit levels tend to go low right after delivery due to blood loss and that baby's iron levels come from mom during the first 6 months of life I indulged that craving seriously with Ryan's pregnancy.

I remember wanting a bit 'ol honking steak about once a week in the third trimester. Really made a difference and I could skip the constipating iron pills post partum with Ryan. :lol:
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    Karan made me eat Mexican food. Lots and lots of oooey gooey cheesy spicy Mexican food. Mmmmmmmm.

• shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    Bacon. Bacon by itself, on turkey sandwiches, breakfast tacos, grilled cheese sandwiches, burgers, tuna sandwiches, grilled chicken, basically with anything ...

Chocolate doughnuts (the little ones). I ate an entire thing of them in one day. :oops:

THOSE DAMN GIRLSCOUT COOKIES! They are selling them in front of my parents business- how cruel is that!!!! Of course I can't resist a Thin Mint!! :twisted:

Sunny Delight

Mexican Food
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • YolyCYolyC Registered Users Posts: 3,758
    I wanted melted cheese on toasted bread morning, noon and night. Also, burritos which I had always hated, and mcd's carmel sundaes with french fries. It wasn't just dipping the fries in there,it was actually mixing them together and eating them like that. I just gagged remembering that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I didn't really eat all that differently when I was pregnant. Except for the milkshakes, but really, I would drink them all the time now too, if I thought I could get away with it. I just had an excuse back then. But the title of this thread reminded me. Whenever I would swipe food off my husband's plate I would say "The baby needs this"
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • j'adorej'adore Registered Users Posts: 1,966 Curl Neophyte
    This ex-almost-vegetarian went nutso for fried chicken when I was pregnant. :oops:
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • mel_80mel_80 Registered Users Posts: 173
    I went through a potato phase. French fries, mashed potatoes, potato salad, baked potatoes, it was all good. I think I ate so many though that I now officially despise potatoes.

Recently I have completely fallen in love with cereal, particularly Golden Grahams and my beverage of choice nowadays is lemonade. I can drink it all day everyday.

Lastly, and I'm slightly ashamed to type this, but I have become a fan of pepperoni pizza. :oops: It's the first time in 7 years that I've had red meat
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    With both pregnancies I drank V-8 by the case in the beginning. With B I craved roast beef. I think I had a roast beef sandwhich every day for lunch. This one I craved chicken.

Though I never really had any super crazy preggo cravings that I had to send hubby out in the middle of the night for.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • j'adorej'adore Registered Users Posts: 1,966 Curl Neophyte
    YolyC wrote:
    I wanted melted cheese on toasted bread morning, noon and night. Also, burritos which I had always hated, and mcd's carmel sundaes with french fries. It wasn't just dipping the fries in there,it was actually mixing them together and eating them like that. I just gagged remembering that.

:lol:
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Registered Users Posts: 652
    the grossest one i've heard was a girl at work was telling me her sister always wanted tunafish and grape jelly sandwiches....
    puke... :shock:
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file