The beach is killing my hair.

itskyrstenitskyrsten Posts: 43Registered Users
I posted a thread in the protein sensitive boards but hardly got any responses. I'm on vacation at the beach and my hair is staying constantly dry. I need a cg protein free leave in conditioner or a detangler that i can find at Walmart.

Sent from my PG86100 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• MyNameMyName Posts: 63Registered Users
    I think the only suave naturals with protein is the coconut. You could get one of the protein free ones, a spray bottle, and water it down for a leave in. I do the same right now and it works fine
    2a canopy with 2b underneath.
    Fine hair, low elasticity,
    Hair dislikes oil
    Live in dry climate
  • wavymomwavymom Posts: 292Registered Users
    A lot of people like KCKT for detangling, although it's not that moisturizing. You might want to try Tresemme Naturals moisturizing conditioner. I love it for a LI - it is light, more moisturizing than KCKT, and plays well with all of the products I've tried.
  • itskyrstenitskyrsten Posts: 43Registered Users
    For the time being I just got some of my conditioner and mixed it with water.

Also another question with the humidity change could my gel.that worked back home dry my hair out here?

• SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    itskyrsten wrote: »
    For the time being I just got some of my conditioner and mixed it with water.

Also another question with the humidity change could my gel.that worked back home dry my hair out here?

I doubt it. You'll have higher dew points and humidity at the beach (I'm currently at a beach right now too! freaking humidity....) so drying out shouldn't be a problem. Now frizz on the other hand....
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*
  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    Depends on the ingredients in your gel. If the dews are really high, like above 65 or 70, and your gel has glycerin or another humectant, it could absolutely be pulling moisture out of your hair.
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

hairsiggy-4-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file