2 strand twist out

Can you do a two strand twist out on 2c hair! Thanks!

Comments

• bleuyteuybleuyteuy Posts: 273Registered Users
    Yea you can do a twist or braid out on any hair type it just might be a little trickier getting it to not unravel before.

After you wet and put the products in your hair section the hair to the size you want each twist to be. The smaller the twists the smaller your curls will be. Do your whole head and use a rubber band or a clip on the ends to keep them from unraveling before they're dry. I have wavy hair in the front and crown of my head and I personally find that bantu knot outs give me more curl definition.

Post pictures with results and tell us how you got it!
  • monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    +1 on the bantu knot out suggestion.

if you're looking for more definition i'd go with that. or even braids. my twists always unravel unless i use an insane amount of gel.
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • Tripgirl3aTripgirl3a Posts: 201Registered Users
    I'll try the knots. Have any Tips for them? Can you sleep in them? Thanks!
  • monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    you may have to use pony tail holders or bobby pins to hold the knots. they may be uncomfortable to sleep in but not as bad as hard curlers. the longer you leave them in, the better. hope this helps!

i'm subscribed to waterlily716 on youtube and she posted this video today: Curly Care: French Rope Braiding for 2nd Day Hair - YouTube

thought this might also be an idea for you.
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • Tripgirl3aTripgirl3a Posts: 201Registered Users
    I saw that thanks! I love waterlily716 :) she is the reason why I started cg! The twists/ knots were a no go :( they just made my hair look wavy ;( h well at least I tried! And I tried the ripe braid too the other night :p an it didnt work ether:( nothing works to get my hair curlier! Ps. Sorry for listening to my rant :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file