I want to go CG!

snramsnram Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi Everyone!

I just signed up today after almost a complete year of being curly! I want to officially start the CG method, oh... tomorrow! But I need your help! This is what I have so far:

I am using Suave Naturals as a cowash and Oudiad Moisturizing Conditioner right now. Currently, I use Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting cream gel. I love it! I have used it for for many years and I love the hold it gives me. However, I'm pretty sure it's not CG friendly. Here are the ingredients:

Aqua/Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-4/12 Dimethicone, Guar, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PVP, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil/Avocado Oil, Polyquarternium-37, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Linalool, Limonene, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Amyl Cinnamal, PEG-192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides, PEG-70 Mango Glycerides, Citral, Citrus Medica Limonium Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract.

Is this CG friendly? Please say yes :) But if it's not, is there another cream gel that is? I don't like regular gel and the only thing I liked other than this was the styling gel by Ouidad. However, it's expensive so I'd like to avoid spending too much $$!

Thanks for all your help!

~ S

PS - I'm either a 2C or 3A... Can't seem to figure it out!

Comments

• snramsnram Posts: 2Registered Users
    I've got super thick hair... One of the perks about being Indian! It's long, close to 1/2 down my back. I am going to India in a little more than a week so I need something that can deal with the humidity too!

Thanks!
  • chococatchococat Posts: 51Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Dimethicone isn't CG-friendly.

For defined curls that hold up to humidity, I've had good results with The Big Tease gel by Lush (if you can handle the scent), Jessicurl Confident Coils Styling Solution, and homemade flax seed gel.
    3b
    Texture: coarse + some medium
  • annamuseannamuse Posts: 3Registered Users
    No, anything with dimethicone is not Cg firendly.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, snram! We're glad you've stopped in.

You'll find lots of info all over the site and all over the boards about the no-poo method. And lots of helpful curlies, too!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • abcismeabcisme Posts: 2Registered Users
    Welcome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file