OMG! What did I do?

Nicci32Nicci32 Registered Users Posts: 113
So not realizing that coconut milk is a protein I made a DC out of it and put it in my daughters hair. After I rinsed it her hair was so pretty and the curls were so defined, until I went to style it. Her hair was coming out in long strands! :sad3: I had already got half way through braiding so I decided to cowash the braids in the morning to hopefully subside it.

I am trying to find a homemade, protein free, DC that works. Any suggestions. I tried a avocado one and it did nothing for either of our heads. HELP!

Comments

• MrsBacheminMrsBachemin Registered Users Posts: 128
    I've heard that avocado is full of protein, so that likely wasn't helpful to your baby's hair. I suggest trying an olive oil and honey deep conditioner. Use equal parts of each and leave it on for at least 30 min. (or 15-20 minutes under a heating cap). You may have to do this more than once to restore the moisture/protein balance. In the meantime, try to avoid protein altogether. HTH!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
  • anonymous_114091anonymous_114091 Registered Users Posts: 126 Curl Neophyte
    No Avocado! It's got protein and it kills my strands every time. People say the oil is protein-free, but it does the same thing to me. To fix this I apply a very thick, moisturizing conditioner, like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, ans EVOO to my dry hair, let it sit for a good while, then shampoo with a sulfate-free shampoo and condition.
    *BIG CHOP: September 22, 2012* :afro:
    *Last Relaxer: April 15, 2012* :p

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file