We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Does Low-Poo remove Dimethicone?

When I got to work tonight, I realized the underneath of my hair was all matted (probably from the headband & loose pony tail combination). The only thing I had that could put a little moisture into my icky hair included dimethicone. I only put it on the ends, and I figured I could low-poo in the morning if I needed to get it out.

Then I read the article, What's the Scoop on Silicones, and I'm not all up on my chemicals. Now I'm paranoid... will my Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo not remove dimethicone? Are any of these ingredients like the "cocomidopropyl betaine," or "cocobetaine" mentioned in the article? Would that be the Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine? Why must they make it so difficult? ;-)

Like I said, I only put a little on, but I'd hate for it to just sit on my hair when I think I'm removing it...

TIA!
2B/fine to med texture/med porosity

Started CG on 5/5/12!
Battling dry/itchy scalp since April 2010.... Starting to WIN! :)
Low Poo: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Shampoo
Cowash: GTTTT or GVPCB
RO : Ion Effective Care
LI : KCKT or GVPCB
Stylers : FSG
PT : IAgirl's PT w/ acv, coconut oil, GVPCB, herbs, green tea

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file