ACV rinse and color treated curls

I recently tried an ACV rinse to remove hard water buildup and product buildup on my color treated hair. AFTER doing it I read online that it was not recommended for color treated hair; that it will strip the color from my hair. It does not seem to have stripped my color and i would like to be able to ACV rinse every other month or so until I can find another solution to my hard water issue. After deep conditioning my hair felt renewed and really clean but not stripped or overly dry.

My question is has anyone else with color used ACV rinses without damaging their hair?

Thanks in advance for your help!
3b/a
Fine Texture
Medium Density
Color Treated
High Porosity
Medium Long Length

Comments

• MyNameMyName Posts: 63Registered Users
    Yes, I do the ACV rinses. I actually have done them for years and years, waaaay before CG and before I even realized I had wavy hair. They are a necessary part of my routine. I do colortreat my hair and had read this too. So I started making my rinses weaker than I used to and stretching it longer than I used to. I do them once a week to every other week. You said once a month or so, my opinion is that would be fine.
    2a canopy with 2b underneath.
    Fine hair, low elasticity,
    Hair dislikes oil
    Live in dry climate
  • CSaint407CSaint407 Posts: 30Registered Users
    Thank you for your reply. I used 1/3 cup to a quart of water. The more i reseach it, i also think i should be okay with every other month, maybe even every month.

Sent from my LG-LS855 using CurlTalk App
    3b/a
    Fine Texture
    Medium Density
    Color Treated
    High Porosity
    Medium Long Length

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file