New Curlie

dindleedindlee Posts: 16Registered Users
Hello all! Not sure if this is the best place to post this I have been CG for six weeks now! I've been reading everything I can trying to embrace the fact that I do in fact have curly hair. I started with Deva products because of the the Curly Girl book. I liked the results, but... My hair was taking FOREVER to dry and it was still frizzy and it just didn't feel clean. I know I don't need that squeaky clean, but it was flaky and felt itchy... I waited six weeks to really see how my hair would react to going CG... I was using Low Poo and One Condition and Arc Angell... But this weekend I washed my hair with Organix Morrocan Shampoo (which says it's sulfate free, but after reading the ingredients, I'm not so sure) and used their conditioner (which I think has a cone in it), and some LASLG and my hair looks so much better. No flakes, no itch and I have 3rd DAY HAIR! So my dilemma is maybe my hair needs some sulfate, sometimes? I don't know what to do.

I have 3a hair on the canopy, 3b hair mostly, and 3c hair underneath at the nape of the neck... (I have a lot of textures going on)

Help?!?! Sorry for the novel!
Type:3A/3B
Texture:Medium
Porosity:low
Elasticity:Normal
Still on a hunt for good cleanser/conditioner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a little of this :angel13: and a little of that :evil2:

Comments

• raindearraindear Posts: 356Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A lot of people start with Deva products and move on to other things. A good place to start is to find your hair properties. This site can help, and also offers a hair analysis:

Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics

Once you find out your properties, you can look at signatures for others that share your properties and see what they are using. That will give you a starting point for finding the right products for you.
    Be Happy!

Type:2b/3ab?
    Texture:Medium/fine
    Porosity:Normal

Experimenting with too many products to name here. All this great info keeps my head spinning. :happy6:
  • thatgirlnamedrothatgirlnamedro Posts: 9Registered Users
    Hi everyone, I'm pretty much new to this site...and I'm having a brain fart...I know how to reply to other peoples messages on here, but how do you make your own post?:sign6:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, dindlee! We're glad you've joined us.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • dindleedindlee Posts: 16Registered Users
    Thanks for the advice... did more reading and updated my signature to what I think I am.

I'm on 4th day hair! I woke up this morning and almost couldn't believe it! And we've had like 90% humidity for the last few days!!!

I'm wondering if it's an ingredient in the Deva stuff that my hair doesn't like...

Still experimenting, but learning to love the curly!
    Type:3A/3B
    Texture:Medium
    Porosity:low
    Still on a hunt for good cleanser/conditioner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a little of this :angel13: and a little of that :evil2:
  • CubanwavyCubanwavy Posts: 293Registered Users
    Thatgirlnamedro: To start a thread (rather than reply to a post), click on the
    red 'New Topic' icon in the upper left of the first page of the forum you are in. Good luck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file