Help with my little girl's hair

lulzmommalulzmomma Registered Users Posts: 2
My 4 y/o's hair is pretty fine (but a lot of it) and has curls mostly on the bottom of her long long hair. About 2 weeks ago I used CJ Beauticurls in her hair and her hair freaked out. It was really straw like and tangled. I stopped using it in her hair and Ive been cowashing, RO, and leave in with Suave. She also has been in the pool for swimming lessons but I've been putting conditioner in her hair before she goes in the pool. So I don't think it's the chlorine.

It's a little better now. At least now when I wet her hair and put conditioner all the tangles come out and it feels slippery. But her hair hasn't fully recovered yet and it's really frustrating because once it's dry it becomes super tangled on the bottom even after untangling it in the shower. I can barely fix her hair in a ponytail because it's tangled and even by finger combing I feel like I'm breaking her hair because it's really fine. Her hair is also dull and not shiny anymore. Frizz being the least of my worries at this point. What can I do to help it go back to normal?

Comments

• anonymous_114091anonymous_114091 Registered Users Posts: 126 Curl Neophyte
    lulzmomma wrote: »
    My 4 y/o's hair is pretty fine (but a lot of it) and has curls mostly on the bottom of her long long hair. About 2 weeks ago I used CJ Beauticurls in her hair and her hair freaked out. It was really straw like and tangled. I stopped using it in her hair and Ive been cowashing, RO, and leave in with Suave. She also has been in the pool for swimming lessons but I've been putting conditioner in her hair before she goes in the pool. So I don't think it's the chlorine.

It's a little better now. At least now when I wet her hair and put conditioner all the tangles come out and it feels slippery. But her hair hasn't fully recovered yet and it's really frustrating because once it's dry it becomes super tangled on the bottom even after untangling it in the shower. I can barely fix her hair in a ponytail because it's tangled and even by finger combing I feel like I'm breaking her hair because it's really fine. Her hair is also dull and not shiny anymore. Frizz being the least of my worries at this point. What can I do to help it go back to normal?

My hair is very protein sensitive. Whenever I experience protein overload I always apply a mixture of a super thick, rich, moisturizing conditioner, like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner and EVOO thoroughly into dry hair, let it sit for A good while, and then wash it out. You'll probably have to shampoo it out because it's sooo rich, but this always gets my hair back in balance. And, of course, use a sulfate free shampoo and follow up with a rinse-out conditioner. HTH.
    *BIG CHOP: September 22, 2012* :afro:
    *Last Relaxer: April 15, 2012* :p

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file