Hi newbie!

melaroomelaroo Posts: 5Registered Users
Hi, my friend has introduced me to this site. I think my hair is a 2c as it is tightly curled underneath but only slightly wavy on top. I therefore end up straightening it as I just can't style it! I am interested in going 'poo free but am worried about going to work looking greasy and yuck! Anyway, that is me :icon_smile:

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, melaroo! Some curlies go through a transition period as their hair and scalp get used to a new routine. Many see great results immediately. Do lots of reading here. There's tons to learn. Completely no poo doesn't work for everyone. My hair is fine with porosity that's on the low side. It doesn't take much for me to get build up. I use a gentle shampoo once or twice a week. The key is to stop doing things that damage your hair (flat ironing, sulfates, etc) and start caring for your curls. It may take a while to find the products and routine that bring out the best in your hair. Be patient and hang in there! It's worth it!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Hi Melaroo! We're glad you're here!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file