CurlTalk

Curls Goddess Curls Gel-- tips?

diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
I did a search for this and seems people have not written much about it. Do people not like it? I bought it on a PJ whim when I was at a beauty supply store looking for something else, but saw this and thought it may help my hair in the very muggy weather we've been having where I live (temps 85 into the high 90s and humidity and dews 70s and up).

Can you use this alone, as it has moisturizing ingredients in it, or is a LI necessary? Does the hold last you at least all day? TIA! :toothy4:
Formerly Urbancurl.
Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
«1

Comments

  • monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    i'm having the same weather! really sucky here in the midwest.

    tried this gel twice. first time i used way too much. crunchy, sticky hair. second time i used it over a leave-in and light oil. worked better and gave me a medium hold.

    BUT... i will not be using it again unless i run out of my other gels. for the cost, it's okay. i just have better products i'd rather use.

    ETA: i might like it better layered with other gels but that's doing too much...
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    I was just wondering about this gel as well! I picked this up at Target yesterday because I thought I remembered hearing good things about it.

    This line has two versions - the ones that are sold in Targets and specialty stores locally - like the "Curls" line that this particular product is from, and then the more costly versions that to my knowledge are only found online like here -

    Curly Hair Products: Shampoos, Moisturizer, Conditioners, Stylers by CURLS

    I picked up goddess curls hoping it is similar to Goddess Glaze, which I've heard a lot of good things about. I've also always wanted to try Gel-les'c which I heard good things about as well. I hope this product holds up well! I haven't used it yet, but it looks like something that might work well in high humidity.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

  • SuheyCitaSuheyCita Posts: 39Registered Users
    I picked up Goddess Curls at Target before I knew anything about the brand and that they made a more affordable line of products for Target. I didn't like the gel at all. I found that the consistency was to runny yet left my hair ironically crunchy with more "frizzies" or curl separation than usual. I returned the gel the next day.
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    SuheyCita wrote: »
    I picked up Goddess Curls at Target before I knew anything about the brand and that they made a more affordable line of products for Target. I didn't like the gel at all. I found that the consistency was to runny yet left my hair ironically crunchy with more "frizzies" or curl separation than usual. I returned the gel the next day.

    Just curious, what kind of hair do you have? What's your density/porosity/coarse/fine, etc? How did you apply the gel?

    Maybe this is the reason we can't find many reviews :?
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    I wonder if there is anyone out there who has used both the gel and the glaze? I wonder how they compare because the ingredients are similar.

    My hair tends to like really liquid-y gels (Suave CC and Biolage) rather than thick ones (don't like BRHG) so I'm hoping this will work for me. I'd stick with Biolage but I now avoid parabens, and the Suave's been working, but i can't find it on the ground and worry that over time it will be drying.

    If I don't get 2nd day hair tomorrow, I will try it tomorrow and post my results. It was only $7.99 at my local beauty supply store, not bad for 8 ounces. I really hope this isn't another failed experiment and waste of 8 bucks :(
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
    diaspora wrote: »
    ...Can you use this alone, as it has moisturizing ingredients in it, or is a LI necessary? Does the hold last you at least all day? TIA! :toothy4:

    It depends on the moisture level of your hair. I use a small amount of LI because my hair porous and very dry. The hold can last as long as 3-4 days, depending on the weather. If it's humid, then I use less LI. Overall, I do like the product. (bought a bottle recently!)
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

    Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    Aislin, let us know what you think when you try it!
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    Greatcurls wrote: »
    diaspora wrote: »
    ...Can you use this alone, as it has moisturizing ingredients in it, or is a LI necessary? Does the hold last you at least all day? TIA! :toothy4:

    It depends on the moisture level of your hair. I use a small amount of LI because my hair porous and very dry. The hold can last as long as 3-4 days, depending on the weather. If it's humid, then I use less LI. Overall, I do like the product. (bought a bottle recently!)

    Ah, good to know, thank you! And I'm glad it works for you. I'd be happy to get just 2 days of nice curls in this weather.

    Have you used it to refresh dry hair?
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    diaspora wrote: »
    It was only $7.99 at my local beauty supply store, not bad for 8 ounces. I really hope this isn't another failed experiment and waste of 8 bucks :(

    holy crap! i got mine from target for $1.99!

    and i forgot to mention that although the hold was nice, it kind of separated my clumps. minimal frizz (meaning no flyaway strands) but BIG hair. i'm very light-handed when applying gel by the way.

    used it yesterday because i was curious how it would fare in humidity. it did well for me being outside all day. and i'm getting second day hair. if you don't care about clumping curls, this product works great in the heat and humidity!
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • beeduhbeeduh Posts: 684Registered Users
    I didn't really care for this gel. The Curls products I tried all tended to give me halo frizz and leave my hair feeling producty. :(
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    2c on top - low elasticity
    3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
    fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
    porosity: normal to high.
    loves protein and moisture.
    BSACV as needed.

    products may vary. i'm a PJ.
    loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
  • SuheyCitaSuheyCita Posts: 39Registered Users
    aislin wrote: »
    SuheyCita wrote: »
    I picked up Goddess Curls at Target before I knew anything about the brand and that they made a more affordable line of products for Target. I didn't like the gel at all. I found that the consistency was to runny yet left my hair ironically crunchy with more "frizzies" or curl separation than usual. I returned the gel the next day.

    Just curious, what kind of hair do you have? What's your density/porosity/coarse/fine, etc? How did you apply the gel?

    Maybe this is the reason we can't find many reviews :?

    I have a mix of more 3A curls on top/3B curls under my canopy. My hair is super dense and heavy although it is just above my shoulders now. I'd say I have a low porosity and it's almost baby fine around the edges to medium thick towards the middle. I used the scrunch and squeeze method when I applied it to encourage curl definition and I followed up with a little CURLS Lavish Curls Moisturizer which supposed to be like a 2nd day curl refresher bc the gel was leaving my curls limp. I did like the moisturizer but I'm returning that also bc I have a feeling the KCCC mixed with it will result in flakes.
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    monipearl wrote: »
    diaspora wrote: »
    It was only $7.99 at my local beauty supply store, not bad for 8 ounces. I really hope this isn't another failed experiment and waste of 8 bucks :(

    holy crap! i got mine from target for $1.99!

    and i forgot to mention that although the hold was nice, it kind of separated my clumps. minimal frizz (meaning no flyaway strands) but BIG hair. i'm very light-handed when applying gel by the way.

    used it yesterday because i was curious how it would fare in humidity. it did well for me being outside all day. and i'm getting second day hair. if you don't care about clumping curls, this product works great in the heat and humidity!

    $1.99!? I saw it on the Target website for $7.99 as well.

    I do like my clumps, but never seem to get as big clumps with a gel as I do with a cream. Even adding gel over cream gives me smaller clumps, but less frizz, and the crazy frizz I get in muggy weather bothers me more.

    I could do 2nd day hair today, but I'm too curious about the Goddess Curls now and will cowash and try it. Not expecting anything amazing after hearing people's experiences with it in this thread.

    BTW, what did you use as your leave-in? I'll try it with BWC or Giovanni, but if that doesn't work I'm thinking about trying it with the Alba underneath as Alba's cream works so well in any weather but this.
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    beeduh wrote: »
    I didn't really care for this gel. The Curls products I tried all tended to give me halo frizz and leave my hair feeling producty. :(

    Oh, great. Halo frizz is something I def don't need more of. Did you try the Goddess Glaze too?
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
    Some of you bring up a good point about whether the Goddess Glaze in Target is the same as the one sold at the CURLS website. I understood the two productsarenot the same, and that the one in Target uses cheaper ingredients and does not give the same results.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

    Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • beeduhbeeduh Posts: 684Registered Users
    diaspora wrote: »
    beeduh wrote: »
    I didn't really care for this gel. The Curls products I tried all tended to give me halo frizz and leave my hair feeling producty. :(

    Oh, great. Halo frizz is something I def don't need more of. Did you try the Goddess Glaze too?

    No. I only tried what the stores around here carry. I'm curious about their online products, but I have found other products that give me much better results.
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    2c on top - low elasticity
    3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
    fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
    porosity: normal to high.
    loves protein and moisture.
    BSACV as needed.

    products may vary. i'm a PJ.
    loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    beeduh wrote: »
    diaspora wrote: »
    beeduh wrote: »
    I didn't really care for this gel. The Curls products I tried all tended to give me halo frizz and leave my hair feeling producty. :(

    Oh, great. Halo frizz is something I def don't need more of. Did you try the Goddess Glaze too?

    No. I only tried what the stores around here carry. I'm curious about their online products, but I have found other products that give me much better results.

    Ah, I see.

    My search for a gel or other product for this weather is crossing the line from fun to annoying.

    My hair is still wet, but already I had to add an extra globs of this gel to my bangs which started looking frizzy already. Then again, I really shouldn't judge til it's dry. I've noticed some products really make your hair look bad until dry.
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • beeduhbeeduh Posts: 684Registered Users
    diaspora wrote: »
    beeduh wrote: »
    diaspora wrote: »

    Oh, great. Halo frizz is something I def don't need more of. Did you try the Goddess Glaze too?

    No. I only tried what the stores around here carry. I'm curious about their online products, but I have found other products that give me much better results.

    Ah, I see.

    My search for a gel or other product for this weather is crossing the line from fun to annoying.

    My hair is still wet, but already I had to add an extra globs of this gel to my bangs which started looking frizzy already. Then again, I really shouldn't judge til it's dry. I've noticed some products really make your hair look bad until dry.

    I think my hair looks bad until I SOTC. :]

    I'm having really got luck with AIA curling jelly and KCCC.
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    2c on top - low elasticity
    3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
    fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
    porosity: normal to high.
    loves protein and moisture.
    BSACV as needed.

    products may vary. i'm a PJ.
    loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
    diaspora--

    I haven't tried it on dry hair as a refresher.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

    Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    beeduh wrote: »
    I think my hair looks bad until I SOTC. :]

    I'm having really got luck with AIA curling jelly and KCCC.

    I'm sure I'd be the same way if I was even getting any crunch to scrunch out. :/
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    So my results are in-- this left my hair way too soft with almost no hold, and I had to keep adding more as my hair dried because the clumps were just getting frizzy. I don't get how anyone could get crunch from this (it does say on the bottle it has no crunch, but for me it also has almost no hold). I do like the way my curls look, despite some frizz, but I know it won't last long. It gave me some very big clumps, but more waves than curls. It's just way too soft of a hold and I had to use lots of it. Over 2 ounces (it's typical for me to use 1.5-2 ounces of product though, I have a lot of hair). My hair looks/feels more like it does when I use a LI alone than like I used gel.

    All I used underneath was a little Giovanni DL on my ends, so it's really saying something I didn't get hold when I used the gel practically straight.

    Adding it to frizzy areas mixed with a little water once my hair was dry made an improvement. When I experiment with this again I'm going to apply it when my hair is dampish/dry rather than wet.

    So, my search continues for a warm-weather, glycerin free/paraben free gel with hold that won't take all day to dry. Sigh.

    Aislin, did you try it yet? Let us know if it works better for you.
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    diaspora wrote: »
    BTW, what did you use as your leave-in? I'll try it with BWC or Giovanni, but if that doesn't work I'm thinking about trying it with the Alba underneath as Alba's cream works so well in any weather but this.

    i actually used it over the alba. i really love that stuff as a leave-in. maybe that's why it worked for me.

    and i think the price i picked it up for was a fluke. went to target today and it is now $7.99. no way would i have paid that much for it.

    side note: i used kiss my face upper management gel today without the alba but over jojoba oil and had good results (even though i could have had second day hair with the curls gel, i'm an experimentation junkie). that gel is glycerin/paraben free i believe. think it was $7.99 at whole foods.
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • lazyloopslazyloops Posts: 65Registered Users
    I got mine from Target. Had about as much hold as plain water for my limp waves. I've tried it several times, and even mixed with BRHG or layered under BRHG. Nada.

    Maybe I'll water some plants with it. :flower::flower:
    CG since 5/2010 Intro

    siggy.jpg
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    lazyloops wrote: »
    I got mine from Target. Had about as much hold as plain water for my limp waves. I've tried it several times, and even mixed with BRHG or layered under BRHG. Nada.

    Maybe I'll water some plants with it. :flower::flower:
    LOL!!!

    I though, am actually going to give it another try and use it over stuff that works for me in nicer weather and see if the gel can at least bump it up a notch, because though the hold was weak, I did like the soft, big clumpy waves I got.
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    diaspora wrote: »
    So my results are in-- this left my hair way too soft with almost no hold, and I had to keep adding more as my hair dried because the clumps were just getting frizzy. I don't get how anyone could get crunch from this (it does say on the bottle it has no crunch, but for me it also has almost no hold). I do like the way my curls look, despite some frizz, but I know it won't last long. It gave me some very big clumps, but more waves than curls. It's just way too soft of a hold and I had to use lots of it. Over 2 ounces (it's typical for me to use 1.5-2 ounces of product though, I have a lot of hair). My hair looks/feels more like it does when I use a LI alone than like I used gel.

    All I used underneath was a little Giovanni DL on my ends, so it's really saying something I didn't get hold when I used the gel practically straight.

    Adding it to frizzy areas mixed with a little water once my hair was dry made an improvement. When I experiment with this again I'm going to apply it when my hair is dampish/dry rather than wet.

    So, my search continues for a warm-weather, glycerin free/paraben free gel with hold that won't take all day to dry. Sigh.

    Aislin, did you try it yet? Let us know if it works better for you.

    Nope haven't tried it yet! I've been following this thread and it's making me curious as to how it's going to work for me. I hate the fact that with my curl enhancers, I always need a product with hold. Rarely do I ever do a single styling product - I'm one that needs hold. This is going to be my next experiment - with AIF gel on top. That gel always gives me the nicest hold and is most reliable when experimenting.

    BTW, your hair in that pic? GORGEOUS!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    aislin wrote: »
    diaspora wrote: »
    So my results are in-- this left my hair way too soft with almost no hold, and I had to keep adding more as my hair dried because the clumps were just getting frizzy. I don't get how anyone could get crunch from this (it does say on the bottle it has no crunch, but for me it also has almost no hold). I do like the way my curls look, despite some frizz, but I know it won't last long. It gave me some very big clumps, but more waves than curls. It's just way too soft of a hold and I had to use lots of it. Over 2 ounces (it's typical for me to use 1.5-2 ounces of product though, I have a lot of hair). My hair looks/feels more like it does when I use a LI alone than like I used gel.

    All I used underneath was a little Giovanni DL on my ends, so it's really saying something I didn't get hold when I used the gel practically straight.

    Adding it to frizzy areas mixed with a little water once my hair was dry made an improvement. When I experiment with this again I'm going to apply it when my hair is dampish/dry rather than wet.

    So, my search continues for a warm-weather, glycerin free/paraben free gel with hold that won't take all day to dry. Sigh.

    Aislin, did you try it yet? Let us know if it works better for you.

    Nope haven't tried it yet! I've been following this thread and it's making me curious as to how it's going to work for me. I hate the fact that with my curl enhancers, I always need a product with hold. Rarely do I ever do a single styling product - I'm one that needs hold. This is going to be my next experiment - with AIF gel on top. That gel always gives me the nicest hold and is most reliable when experimenting.

    BTW, your hair in that pic? GORGEOUS!

    Thank you for the compliment! My hair is usually curlier than that but I liked the soft waves. Just wasn't what I was actually looking for this to gel to do. I'm going to keep experimenting and see how I can get more hold out of it without ruining the nice curl formation.

    I hope this works for you with the AIF on top, please report back! :)
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    saw this video today and this is exactly the result i had! my hair was huge. i kinda liked it.

    i had no idea that sorbitol was a humectant.

    In Review: Curls Goddess Curls - YouTube
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    monipearl wrote: »
    saw this video today and this is exactly the result i had! my hair was huge. i kinda liked it.

    i had no idea that sorbitol was a humectant.

    In Review: Curls Goddess Curls - YouTube

    Wow, her hair looks gorgeous! I love denimpixie's videos, thanks for sharing it! I wish my hair could get that big, you are lucky that yours does. In comparison, my hair is just medium density I guess though I thought it was very dense.

    I didn't know about sorbitol being a humectant either. Why is a humectant the 2nd ingredient in something that says on the bottle that it's good for fighting frizz in humidity? :sad1:
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    denimpixie is my hair crush! my hair is shorter and curlier than hers but i do get the same volume. i don't like any pictures of myself which i why i don't post any. and i suck at taking ones of just my hair.

    have you tried the gel again with better results? or have you just given up on it?

    ETA: your curls are gorgeous by the way!
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    monipearl wrote: »
    denimpixie is my hair crush! my hair is shorter and curlier than hers but i do get the same volume. i don't like any pictures of myself which i why i don't post any. and i suck at taking ones of just my hair.

    have you tried the gel again with better results? or have you just given up on it?

    ETA: your curls are gorgeous by the way!

    Your hair sounds gorgeous too!

    Since I got CIAB I have been experimenting with that, but I do plan to try Goddess Curls again. I want to try it mixed with CIAB and see if that cuts down on the frizz but leaves the fullness (CIAB gives me great shine but reduces my volume a lot, so together maybe they'll be a good combo), and also over Alba like you did.
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    I've tried this a couple times and get great waves and clumps. Problem is that it has zero hold. I tried layering some GF Pure Clean gel over it and it poofed out after a few hours. I'll prolly need to use some BRHG on top.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

    rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

    jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

«1