CO vs. RO & 1st day CG

charis29charis29 Posts: 25Registered Users
How do I know if I need a different RO from my CO? This is my first day going CG. I did the sulfate cleanse and then conditioned with Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine. I did a light rinse, applied some LA Looks Sport Gel (which I am liking), and plopped. The plopping didn't go so well, being my first try I just used my terry cloth towel (I know I'm not supposed to use terry cloth, and the towel was way too big).

I'm gonna search for an old t-shirt for next time.

I then diffused (been doing "pixie curl" method for a while) for a bit and let air dry the rest of the way.

I did get much better curl definition. The gel didn't make my hair too crunchy either. Volume is down, that could be the gel or the removal of 'cones I guess.

I digress, my main question is how do I know if I need a different condish for RO vs. my CO condish?

Thanks!
2c (in back)/3a (in front); high density; med-high porosity

CG as of 5/26
CO & RO: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine
Styling: LA Looks Sport Gel and Plopping/"Pixie Curl" diffusing

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Many curlies like to use a light conditioner for co-washing. It can also take a lot of conditioner to co-wash. Suave Naturals is a popular brand because it's light and cheap. Depending on your hair needs, you may prefer a richer rinse out conditioner. If your CO is moisturizing enough and gives your hair what it needs, you may not need a separate RO.

Plopping isn't for everyone! When I first started here, my hair was too short and plops were flops. Now that I'm longer, I find that plopping gives me great clumps and curl formation for the crown area but the curl on my sides and back are stretched and flattened. I try to plop very loosely but it just won't cooperate. Could be the insane amount of gel I'm prone to using. When I take down the plop, my hair wants to stay up. *sigh*
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • charis29charis29 Posts: 25Registered Users
    I think my hair would take to plopping, it is a little short for it now. I'm going to try the t-shirt next time I wash and see how it does.

If not I'll stick to "pixie curl" drying.
    2c (in back)/3a (in front); high density; med-high porosity

CG as of 5/26
    CO & RO: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine
    Styling: LA Looks Sport Gel and Plopping/"Pixie Curl" diffusing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file