Puffs help!!!!

lovechele2lovechele2 Registered Users Posts: 37
Hey guys I love wearing my hair in an Afro puff but I can never get it to sLick back. It always looks ruff . I use dr. Miracle's natural hair moisturizer but I don't know what to use to get my hair to lay down. Any suggestions please!!!

Comments

• soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Registered Users Posts: 1,194
    lovechele2 wrote: »
    Hey guys I love wearing my hair in an Afro puff but I can never get it to sLick back. It always looks ruff . I use dr. Miracle's natural hair moisturizer but I don't know what to use to get my hair to lay down. Any suggestions please!!!

How "slick" do you want it to look? You can always try styling on wet hair and using a gel first and a boar bristle brush. Applying a thick pomade will also be a great idea so it can look more polished.
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• lovechele2lovechele2 Registered Users Posts: 37
    Do you know of any good pomades
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Registered Users Posts: 1,194
    lovechele2 wrote: »
    Do you know of any good pomades

Oyin Burnt sugar hands down. It's thick and wonderful for smoothing hair when you want it in a pony. I don't know of any other since that seems to work so well.

HTH
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• Precious CurlsPrecious Curls Registered Users Posts: 448
    I agree with using a gel/pomade and then a boar bristle brush. The brush especially makes a HUGE difference!
  • my3curliesmy3curlies Registered Users Posts: 161
    You could also tie it down with a scarf for a few minutes
    :!::!: Under Construction :!::!:
  • va_candiva_candi Registered Users Posts: 849
    I agree with the previous responders about the gel and boar bristle brush. Here's a video tutorial that I used the first time I attempted a puff: Natural Hair | Puff Tutorial - YouTube

She gives simple instructions and walks you through every step.
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Registered Users Posts: 791 Curl Neophyte
    my3curlies wrote: »
    You could also tie it down with a scarf for a few minutes

THIS! My hair and boar bristle brushes don't play well together. But if I do a puff on damp hair and apply a strong gel and tying it down with a scarf immediately after I CAN get super slick, stuck to my scalp hair in minutes.
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • Pdiva74Pdiva74 Registered Users Posts: 11
    Eco Styler w/olive oil.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • AllieCat0817AllieCat0817 Registered Users Posts: 301
    Ecostyler Olive Oil Gel + Joie MyGel (amazing stuff). I don't use a brush-- just slick it down with my hands. After I get my puff going then I tie a scarf around... the longer you let the scarf stay on the better.. at least 30 min. I usually leave mine on the whole car ride to work.

Look into Joie MyGel! I'm about to place my 4th or 5th order for the large size.

Here's a pic. I had flat twists on the top and slicked down on the sides with a puff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file