CurlTalk

Can I knit a rug?

RBLDRBLD Posts: 129Registered Users
I want to try to knit a rug for my room that will be 36 by 90 inches. So how would I go about doing this? :? I am a beginner knitter, but I have completed a few scarves and various pot holders, a pillowcase, etc. But I don't know how I would go about knowing how many stiches to cast on or how many rows to do etc. Is there anyone who can make up a plan for me in their head for a rug this size? Or direct me to a website that will tell me how to knit a rug? Thanks
"If i can see it, then i can be it. If i just believe it, there's nothing to it. I belive i can fly, I believe i can touch the sky, i think about it every night and day spread my wings and fly away, I believe i can soar, I see me running through that open door-- i believe i can fly...if i just spread my wings.

Comments

• loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    There's a book on rug knitting but I apologize, the name escapes me. Try Amazon & look up knitting books.

also this site has a few patterns:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knittingpatterncentral.com%2Fdirectory%2Frugs.php" class="Popup
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • dogloverdoglover Posts: 71Registered Users
    I have a book called The Knitted Rug, by Donna Druchunas. It has quite a few nice rugs in it that I am going to knit. As for the size you can always adjust the measurements to your needs.

I got it on Amazon, cheaper than the regular bookstores.

Hope this helps. :)
    Frizzy Hair Should be Illegal!!

Very Fine 3a-3b curly hair. :)