I think I'm a 2... What do you think?

hanhan27hanhan27 Posts: 32Registered Users
I'm extremely new to this, so please excuse my ignorance. :)

I think I might be a 2b or 2c, but when my hair is shoulder length or shorter, it seems more like 3a. The under layers are always relatively straight. I have lots of frizz problems and my hair is very resistant to anything I try to do to it.

I'm throwing some pics on this post! Please tell me what you think. :)
2B/2C. Medium/coarse texture, high porosity, low elasticity, normal density.

Mod CG as of May 28th, 2012.
CO-Wash: Suave Naturals Clarifying Co
RO: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Co
LI: As I Am Leave In
Styler: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel

Comments

• kimmidawnkimmidawn Posts: 900Registered Users
    I think you're anywhere from 2b-2c, maybe even the potential for 3a...but what's more important than curl pattern is hair properties; knowing texture, porosity, elasticity, and density will help you more to know what's going to work for your hair.
    2b, fine texture, normal porosity & elasticity (CG as of 12/2011)

Low-poo: UFD Rich & Funky
    Cowash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
    RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
    PT/DT: IAgirl's PT, GVP CB
    LI: KCKT, Cure Care, CJ CCCC Lite
    Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

http://public.fotki.com/kdawn12/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ day 1 of going CG; avatar = 6 months later
  • hanhan27hanhan27 Posts: 32Registered Users
    Someone gave me a great link over to LCLF and I've determined that I'm medium texture, high porosity...

Any helpful links for determining elasticity and density? :)

hanhan27 wrote: »
    Someone gave me a great link over to LCLF and I've determined that I'm medium texture, high porosity...

Any helpful links for determining elasticity and density? :)

Put your hair in a ponytail with as much hair as possible in it. Don’t bother with the way it looks – the goal is to have most/all of your hair in there. If it means it sits smack dab on top of your head, put it there.
    Measure the circumference of the ponytail. If you have bangs and/or you can’t get all of your hair in there adjust according to how much of your hair you have measured.
    i – thin (less than 2 inches/5 centimeters)
    ii – normal (between 2-4 inches or 5-10 centimeters)
    iii – thick (more than 4 inches/10 centimeters)

That's density

RO: Tresemme Naturals, Aubrey Organics GPB, Ion Effective Care, MillCreek Keratin
    Styling: Curl Keeper, As I Am Jelly, UFD Curly Magic, CJ Curl Queen, TIGI Strong Hold Mousse

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And your best bet for figuring out elasticity is doing a search through the forums on here, I was never good at figuring it out. Or hopefully someone else will chime in with that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanhan27hanhan27 Posts: 32Registered Users
    Thank you so much for the help. From what I can tell, I'm medium texture, high porosity, low elasticity and normal density. Now if only I had a clue where to start as far as buying products based on all these things! :?

hanhan27 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the help. From what I can tell, I'm medium texture, high porosity, low elasticity and normal density. Now if only I had a clue where to start as far as buying products based on all these things! :?

It might be a few pages back, but there's a thread on the 2's forum for hair biographies. Find that and you can find people with the same/similar properties, and from there, you can either PM them and ask or you can check out their signatures for products...I don't think the biography thread lists density, so just focus on texture, porosity, and elasticity.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file