Iam new to taking care of my hair

*M!x*Ch!ck**M!x*Ch!ck* Registered Users Posts: 154
Heyy all
I am in need of help here lol
I always been this top boy girly type && now Iam just starting to be more like a young lady lol
But let's get to the point I been straighting my hair since I was 10 up lol Iam 18 now so I know I have heat damaged..I did two big cuts since starting cg method and I still learning Wat is my porosity is bu Wat I do is i have very Low elasticity Its more in the back of my head and around my ears :((

I have fine thin hair Wat can I do !! Please help before it breaks off ;(

Comments

• PRINCETONPRINCETON Registered Users Posts: 872
    You have to do some moisturizing treatments to get the elasticity back. That will help keep it from breaking. Start sleeping with conditioner loaded in your hair and rinse out in the morning.

When you were straightening moisture was your enemy but now you see the importance of moisture.

A couple protein treatments can help too.

Only cut your ends if they are split damaged. Otherwise cutting your hair will only be for the sake of cutting hair.

PRINCETON
    Just a guy with long curly hair
    🐶
  • *M!x*Ch!ck**M!x*Ch!ck* Registered Users Posts: 154
    I haven't been doing dc like I should have :/... But I
    I did three pt ( aphogee )
    But I dnt really see much diff :(
    I only do pt 6weeks
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    I haven't been doing dc like I should have :/... But I
    I did three pt ( aphogee )
    But I dnt really see much diff :(
    I only do pt 6weeks

Sometimes protein helps revert heat damage. Sometimes it doesnt. If it doesnt the only way to get rid of it is to cut it off either sooner with a bc or later with a long transition. You can do rollersets, twistouts ect to make your hair look a consistant pattern in the meantime. If you do protein always follow with dc. Also if you are low porosity sleeping in dc may overconditition your hair. My hair goes to mush.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    I don't think I been doing this pt right Iam going to do it again this weekend and dc abhr
    If I dnt see a diff you think I should use ab gpb conditioner ( aubrey organics gpb ) it's light and balance and low ph balance !! You think it's good for trainsitioning ??
  • PRINCETONPRINCETON Registered Users Posts: 872
    If ur experiencing damage then any kind of protein will help. Don't use protein conditioners for longer than a week or conditioners that are for split ends or damage. And always follow with a deep moisturizing treatment.

Then do ur protein conditioners and treatments again every 3-6 months. Hair mostly needs extra moisture to keep from breaking that's also why it's advised to not comb hair while it's dry.

PRINCETON
    Just a guy with long curly hair
    🐶
    Wat is my porosity
    My hair gets wet easy in some places but some places drys very fast but parts don't ??
    I did the water test but my hair stayed on up and some stayed in the middle idk !!

I used ALLOt of heat

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file