New curls

mysterycurlsmysterycurls Posts: 63Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi, all,
I'm new to the site and new to curls for that matter. Within the past several years I've noticed my hair getting more and more wavy. It started when my first child was born, then more so with the second. This year it has gotten really curly - I'm a 2C, maybe 3A in the underlayers. Wierd, but I didn't notice really until I caught sight of the back of my hair in a dressing room. I'm trying the CG method and it's kind of fun to see how my hair is going to look each morning. But frustrating too for the same reason. Anyway, already learning lots here.
2b/c, medium-coarse, high-density, medium-porosity, CG since 2011.
Co-wash: Suave/ VO5
RO: Yes to Cucumbers, GVPCB, Tresemme Naturals
LI: GVP CB, Yes to Cucumbers
Sealant: Argan, Grapeseed, Apricot Kernal (still working on it)
Styler: GF Pure Clean, HETT, Volumax
DT: Ion Effective Care, GVPCB, Yes to Cucumbers

Experimenting with Curly Kinks ReNew, Coil Jam and Satin Roots. Also FSG.

Comments

• CubanwavyCubanwavy Posts: 293Registered Users
    Exciting! I discovered my wavy hair about one year ago, and i'm 62! I always had my hair cut very short or had it permed curly. Three years ago I let a perm start growing out and the waves and end curls are still here even after cutting quite a bit off. I'm loving it!
  • mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, mysterycurls! Fair warning - this can turn into an obsession! Have fun reading through the boards. There's tons of great info here and lots of great people! Be sure to post what works for you - and what doesn't. That's how we all learn!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Hi Mysterycurls! You'll have fun here in curly world!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file